OTDR speeds network installation and testing
The AQ7260 optical time-domain reflectometer is a compact, lightweight instrument designed to offer speed, ease of use and efficiency in the installation and servicing of optical networks.
The AQ7260 optical time-domain reflectometer is a compact, lightweight instrument designed to offer speed, ease of use and efficiency in the installation and servicing of optical communications networks.
Weighing only 3kg and incorporating an 8.4in TFT-LCD colour display for easy viewing, the AQ7260 has a large internal memory of 20Mbyte and two USB ports for connectivity and data transfer.
The Telcordia GR196 format is used for data storage.
Sampling resolution is 5cm minimum, and up to 60,000 points can be sampled.
An "auto event search" facility enables the trace and event table to be simultaneously displayed on the screen.
In the event table, graphical symbols allow the type of event - positive loss, negative loss or reflection at a mechanical connection - to be identified.
Optional plug-in modules include two SMF (single-mode fibre) units for 1310/1550nm wavelengths and a floppy disk drive unit incorporating a printer interface.
Also available is the AQ7931B OTDR emulation software, which not only speeds the transfer of measurement data to a PC for subsequent waveform analysis but also includes a Windows-compatible reporting function.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Keytek system performs compliance testing
- Nanotechnology test library now available on CD
- Schmitt Trigger for extreme temperature systems
- Test platform connects multiple backplanes
- Immunity generator for industrial applications
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active components (13681)
- Passive components (3639)
- Design and development (10279)
- Enclosures and panel products (4035)
- Interconnection (3703)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3506)
- Industry news (2108)
- Optoelectronics (1981)
- Power supplies (3058)
- Subassemblies (5681)
- Test and measurement (5836)