Boundary scan system enables cost savings
The XJTAG IEEE Std 1149x boundary scan system is being used by Haliplex to debug prototypes and test production units - leading to cost savings for the MSPP product designer.
Haliplex said the XJTAG system is saving the company more than USD100,000 (GBP65,300) per year by reducing the engineering time to commission new boards by enabling the company to repair boards more quickly and reducing the number of boards that are scrapped.
Haliplex designs Multi-Service Provisioning Platform (MSPP) products that can be deployed within existing or new networks supporting high-bandwidth standards such as Gigabit Ethernet and SDH/SONET.
Products such as the Haliplex HPX1600 series of multi-service access terminals contain printed circuit boards (PCBs) that are densely populated with devices such as high-performance embedded processors, FPGAs and ASICs, as well as high-speed telecom data-path devices.
The XJTAG system is allowing the company to achieve high test coverage for each board and helps trace faults accurately to save debugging and repair time.
Haliplex's contract manufacturing partner builds the boards and uses the XJRunner run-time-only version of XJTAG optimised for production-test applications, to test each production unit.
Device programming and loading of serial numbers is also completed from within the boundary scan environment.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Adeon implements CXInsight at Quantum CAD
- HSPICE helps SMIC halve simulation runtime
- LDRA quickly verifies C and Ada source code
- TSMC Reference Flow 9.0 uses Powercentric CTS
- Powercentric times audio and TV systems
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active Components (11,624)
- Active Components (4)
- Analogue and Mixed Signal ICs (1,732)
- Communications ICs (Wired) (1,808)
- Discrete Power Devices (420)
- Programmable Logic Devices (600)
- Microprocessors, Microcontrollers and DSPs (2,162)
- Memory Devices and Modules (764)
- Power Supply ICs and Controllers (2,404)
- Communications ICs (Wireless) (1,585)
- Standard Logic Devices (145)
- Passive Components (3,155)
- Design and Development (9,507)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3,397)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (2)
- Handheld and Other Small Enclosures (137)
- Instrument Cases, Benchtop, Wall-Mounting Enclosures (339)
- Floor-Standing Racks, Cabinets, Enclosures (250)
- Fans and Blowers (225)
- Gaskets, Seals and Screens (123)
- Heatsinks and Thermal Management (201)
- LCD Modules (487)
- Monitors (132)
- Other OEM Display Modules, Meters (240)
- Switches and Keyboards (585)
- Rotary Controls, Joysticks etc (137)
- Indicators and Audio (80)
- Touchscreens and Touch Sensors (299)
- Printers, Knobs, Bezels, Other Panelware (153)
- Interconnection (3,059)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Packaging (3,198)
- Industry News (1,941)
- Optoelectronics (1,721)
- Power Supplies (2,492)
- Subassemblies (4,867)
- Test and Measurement (5,192)