U-blox launches ultra-fast wireless modems
U-blox has introduced a range of small, ultra-fast wireless modems for high-bandwidth applications such as mobile computing, car infotainment, telematics systems and handheld terminals.
The Lisa range of modems is suitable for all applications where wireless high-speed internet connection is essential.
It also provides secure data exchange to support sensitive applications such as automatic meter reading, fixed wireless terminals, telehealth, remote displays and point-of-sale terminals.
The modules provide high performance with uplink data speeds of up to 5.7Mb/s (HSUPA) and downlink data speeds of up to 7.2Mb/s (HSDPA) using UMTS/WCDMA technology.
Lisa also supports quad-band GSM/GPRS/Edge (2G).
The module series is available in a compact 33.2 x 22.4 x 2.7mm surface-mount package.
The range includes variants supporting dual-band UMTS frequencies in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia and the Americas (900/2100MHz and 850/1900MHz) plus versions dedicated to data-only applications.
All Lisa modules are optimised to work with U-blox's GPS receivers via a direct interface.
Lisa follows U-blox's Leon 2G module and is layout compatible to enable the mounting of either module on the same PCB footprint.
Samples and evaluation kits will be available in the first quarter of 2011.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- ISM-band transceiver enables wireless video apps
- Linear Technology adds H- and MP-grade controllers
- Toshiba LED drivers deliver high-speed operation
- Voltage reference ideal for portable devices
- LED drivers meet needs of high-brightness lighting
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
Active components (13496)
- Analogue and mixed-signal ICs (2125)
- Communications ICs (wired) (2074)
- Discrete power devices (453)
- Programmable logic devices (626)
- Microprocessors, microcontrollers and DSPs (2591)
- Memory devices and modules (814)
- Power-supply ICs and controllers (2853)
- Communications ICs (wireless) (1783)
- Standard logic devices (173)
- Passive components (3574)
- Design and development (10240)
- Enclosures and panel products (3954)
- Interconnection (3618)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3477)
- Industry news (2104)
- Optoelectronics (1953)
- Power supplies (2988)
- Subassemblies (5606)
- Test and measurement (5770)