Power-management controller for standard MOSFETs
Texas Instruments has introduced a power-management controller and driver for standard and logic-level N-channel MOSFETs used for low-voltage, secondary-side synchronous rectification.
The UCC24610 Green Rectifier controller improves power-supply efficiency by as much as five per cent and reduces primary-side power loss in 5V AC/DC adapters and bias supplies.
The 600kHz UCC24610 Green Rectifier provides power-saving features and design flexibility not available from traditional diode rectifier solutions.
Its micro-sleep current, automatic light-load management and synchronous wake-up features help maximise efficiency.
The UCC24610 uses drain-to-source voltage sensing to support flyback and LLC resonant converters, as well as other power architectures, to give designers greater flexibility.
Features: small size and minimal external component count; high performance and efficiency - micro-power sleep current, automatic light-load management and synchronous wake-up from light-load conditions; system protection - device will shut down MOSFET if short or excessive 'on time' occurs; design flexibility - can be biased directly for a 5V output without external regulator.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Photo IC for optical switching applications
- International Rectifier offers automotive MOSFETs
- Self-protected MOSFETs for automotive applications
- EASA certifies avionics unit with Altera processor
- QDR and DDR SRAMs for reducing power consumption
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
Active components (13681)
- Analogue and mixed-signal ICs (2141)
- Communications ICs (wired) (2083)
- Discrete power devices (457)
- Programmable logic devices (632)
- Microprocessors, microcontrollers and DSPs (2621)
- Memory devices and modules (817)
- Power-supply ICs and controllers (2951)
- Communications ICs (wireless) (1802)
- Standard logic devices (173)
- Passive components (3639)
- Design and development (10279)
- Enclosures and panel products (4035)
- Interconnection (3703)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3506)
- Industry news (2108)
- Optoelectronics (1981)
- Power supplies (3058)
- Subassemblies (5681)
- Test and measurement (5836)