TI transceiver prevents communication losses
Texas Instruments (TI) has introduced a symmetric polarity transceiver that protects systems from communication losses and potential damage should the signal wires be inadvertently reversed.
The SN65HVD96, using TI's Sympol technology, provides high bus fault protection, making it suitable for harsh industrial environments where third-party installers often make the connections.
The inverted bus wires are detected internally and corrected automatically, eliminating the need for intervention by the controller or operator without the need for firmware changes.
Applications that can utilise this technology include heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment, surveillance cameras, surveillance IP network cameras, building automation, industrial lighting and other industrial applications.
This device is said to work well with isolation devices such as TI's ISO7241C.
TI also provides IBIS models for the SN65HVD96, which designers can use for simulations.
Reversed-wire-immunity saves the technical fail search should a crossed-wire mistake be made.
The SN65HVD96 uses the same pin-out as RS-485, which eliminates the need for board redesigns.
Bus pins survive faults of up to -35V to +40V, minimising damage from direct shorts to typical 24V AC HVAC supplies.
High input impedance for up to 32 nodes allows multiple nodes on a single network, reducing system cost by eliminating repeaters.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- DVB-T2 modulator offers more robust TV reception
- NXP IC ideal for solar battery charge controllers
- Low-noise amplifier for cellular applications
- Small LED driver suitable for dot-matrix displays
- IR launches automotive DirectFET2 power Mosfets
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
Active components (13498)
- Analogue and mixed-signal ICs (2126)
- Communications ICs (wired) (2075)
- Discrete power devices (453)
- Programmable logic devices (626)
- Microprocessors, microcontrollers and DSPs (2590)
- Memory devices and modules (814)
- Power-supply ICs and controllers (2854)
- Communications ICs (wireless) (1783)
- Standard logic devices (173)
- Passive components (3572)
- Design and development (10238)
- Enclosures and panel products (3953)
- Interconnection (3615)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3477)
- Industry news (2104)
- Optoelectronics (1953)
- Power supplies (2983)
- Subassemblies (5605)
- Test and measurement (5771)