RemoIT network protocol for RF remote controls
Texas Instruments has introduced RemoTI, a complete network protocol, including hardware and software, for the standardised Zigbee RF4CE specification for RF-based remote controls.
RemoTI network protocol is a low-cost solution including Texas Instruments' CC2530 IEEE/802.15.4 system-on-chip and software stack.
A development kit from Texas Instruments provides all hardware, software and tools necessary to evaluate, develop, test and debug an RF4CE-compliant product, enabling designers to quickly bring RF remote controls to market.
Zigbee RF4CE specification is based on IEEE 802.15.4 MAC/PHY radio technology in the 2.4GHz unlicensed frequency band and is designed for a range of remotely-controlled audio/visual consumer electronics products, such as televisions and set-top boxes.
RF-based remotes are faster and more reliable, offer enhanced functionality and give consumers more freedom to operate devices from greater distances, removing the line-of-sight barrier of today's infrared (IR) remotes.
The RemoTI development kit provides an intuitive software architectural framework and all the tools and support necessary to get a Zigbee RF4CE-compliant product to market fast with minimal cost.
Full Zigbee RF4CE protocol stack featuring sample application code, easy remote control kit with target board, simple API or optional direct RF4CE interface, and reference designs.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- LPRS offers Circuit Design's wireless modules
- PSR PWM controllers use Truecurrent technology
- Audio codec has programmable digital voice filters
- Microprocessor drives up to three air-core meters
- Atmel audio IC features high-power amplifier
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
- Active Components (12,262)
- Passive Components (3,107)
- Design and Development (9,539)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3,333)
- Interconnection (2,982)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Production, Packaging (3,163)
- Industry News (1,926)
- Optoelectronics (1,681)
- Power Supplies (2,417)
- Subassemblies (4,777)
- Test and Measurement (5,118)