Photocoupler enables 20Mbps data transmission
Toshiba Electronics Europe (TEE) has announced an ultra-compact photocoupler for high-speed communication interfaces.
The TLP118 delivers data transmission at speeds up to 20Mbps, features a minimum isolation voltage of 3750Vrms and offers guaranteed operation from -40C to 125C.
The device integrates a GaAlAs infrared LED, optically coupled to a high-gain, high-speed photodetector, into an SO6 package measuring 4.5mm x 3.7mm x 2.1mm.
Designed to meet the reinforced insulation requirements of global safety standards, the SO6 package has guaranteed minimum creepage and clearance distances of 5mm and a minimum internal insulation thickness of 0.4mm.
The photodetector features an internal Faraday shield to provide for a high common mode transient immunity of +/-15kV/us.
The TLP118 is configured with a general-purpose inverter logic (open collector) output stage and operates from a power supply voltage of 4.5V to 5.5V.
Target applications for the device will include high-speed communication interfaces in factory automation systems, office products, measurement and control equipment and digital appliances such as plasma display panels.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- I2C isolator for automotive and HEV applications
- TVS diodes protect against transient pulses
- Relays suit electric solar inverter applications
- Master Distributors stocks Crydom SSR assemblies
- SC cut crystals target telecommunications systems
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active components (13610)
- Passive components (3611)
- Design and development (10258)
- Enclosures and panel products (4000)
- Interconnection (3667)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3489)
- Industry news (2106)
- Optoelectronics (1961)
- Power supplies (3027)
- Subassemblies (5646)
- Test and measurement (5811)