Toshiba expands range of miniature photocouplers
Toshiba Electronics Europe (TEE) has expanded its family of miniature photocouplers with devices that incorporate two switching channels in single SO-8 packages measuring 5mm x 4mm.
The TLP21xx range of devices is intended to simplify the design and reduce the component count of applications requiring high-performance switching and optical isolation.
They can also reduce the printed circuit board area by approximately 40 per cent when compared with designs based on single-channel devices.
The TLP2105 and the TLP2108 offer buffer and inverter logic outputs respectively.
They operate over a 4.5V to 20V supply voltage and they can be used in applications requiring typical data rates to 5Mbps.
Targeted at higher-speed, lower-voltage applications, the TLP2116 and the TLP2166A have inverter logic outputs, operate with respective supply voltages of 4.5V to 5.5V and 3.0V to 3.6V and accommodate typical data rates up to 15Mbps.
All of the new devices have a rated isolation voltage of 2,500Vrms and are guaranteed for performance across an extended -40C to 100C temperature range.
Totem-pole output stages can source and sink current.
Internal Faraday shields provide common-mode transient immunity of +/-15kV/us in the case of the TLP2166A and +/-10kV/us for the other couplers.
All of the new devices consist of a pair of GaAlAs infrared light-emitting diodes, which are optically coupled to integrated photodetectors.
The high speed of the TLP2116 and the TLP2166A suits a number of applications, such as plasma display panels, high-speed logic systems and factory automation interfaces.
The TLP2105 and the TLP2108 are suitable for designs requiring high-speed line receivers, isolated bus drivers and microprocessor system interfaces.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Sub-miniature OCXO configured for mobile systems
- Datatronic inductors are ROHS compliant
- ESD protection device uses Picoguard
- MRC filter inductor evens heat dissipation
- Varistor provides minimal signal distortion
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active Components (11,655)
- Active Components (4)
- Analogue and Mixed Signal ICs (1,742)
- Communications ICs (Wired) (1,809)
- Communications ICs (Wireless) (1,590)
- Discrete Power Devices (423)
- Memory Devices and Modules (764)
- Microprocessors, Microcontrollers and DSPs (2,167)
- Power Supply ICs and Controllers (2,410)
- Programmable Logic Devices (601)
- Standard Logic Devices (145)
- Design and Development (9,531)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Packaging (3,208)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3,412)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (2)
- Fans and Blowers (225)
- Floor-Standing Racks, Cabinets, Enclosures (251)
- Gaskets, Seals and Screens (124)
- Handheld and Other Small Enclosures (138)
- Heatsinks and Thermal Management (201)
- Indicators and Audio (80)
- Instrument Cases, Benchtop, Wall-Mounting Enclosures (341)
- LCD Modules (487)
- Monitors (134)
- Other OEM Display Modules, Meters (240)
- Printers, Knobs, Bezels, Other Panelware (155)
- Rotary Controls, Joysticks etc (137)
- Switches and Keyboards (589)
- Touchscreens and Touch Sensors (301)
- Industry News (1,953)
- Interconnection (3,080)
- Optoelectronics (1,725)
- Passive Components (3,169)
- Power Supplies (2,504)
- Subassemblies (4,896)
- Test and Measurement (5,214)