Chip gives fast data transfer for digital cameras
The Inrevium TE4302 LSI chip provides high data-transfer speeds for applications such as continuous shooting in digital cameras and long-duration, high-definition recording in digital video cameras.
Available from Tokyo Electron Device, this chip has a bridge function between UHS-I of the latest high-speed interface standard for SD memory cards and MMC DDR mode of the latest standard for multimedia cards (MMCs) and ATA or CF.
The latest standard for SD memory cards published by the SD Association has defined the UHS-I interface to support higher speeds (SDR50: 50MB/sec; SDR104: 104MB/sec; DDR50: 50MB/sec, etc.).
The TE4302 is a controller LSI that supports UHS-I of the latest SD card standard and MMC DDR mode of MMC standard, and has a function for bridging between these media interfaces and other interfaces, such as ATA and CF.
Supporting SDR104 ,which is the highest bus speed mode of the UHS-I, the LSI maximises data-transfer performance with the new generation of UHS-I SD memory cards.
To suit diversified applications, the host side interface can be configured by a mode change to connect to a 32-bit or 16-bit synchronous CPU interface instead of ATA or CF.
The media interface also supports two channels.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Mobile peripheral device operates as hub or bridge
- ADC provides intelligent system power management
- Audio ADCs for home entertainment applications
- LED driver provides high tolerance to faults
- Buck converter has very low series resistance
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
Active components (13681)
- Analogue and mixed-signal ICs (2141)
- Communications ICs (wired) (2083)
- Discrete power devices (457)
- Programmable logic devices (632)
- Microprocessors, microcontrollers and DSPs (2621)
- Memory devices and modules (817)
- Power-supply ICs and controllers (2951)
- Communications ICs (wireless) (1802)
- Standard logic devices (173)
- Passive components (3639)
- Design and development (10279)
- Enclosures and panel products (4035)
- Interconnection (3703)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3506)
- Industry news (2108)
- Optoelectronics (1981)
- Power supplies (3058)
- Subassemblies (5681)
- Test and measurement (5836)