Memory controllers to enhance mobile security
By embracing the OMTP requirements, Spansion can provide much of the enhanced security network operators around the world are asking for.
Spansion has announced plans to support the Open Mobile Terminal Platform's (OMTP) newly released handset security standards that are designed to meet the growing demands for trusted mobile transactions and handling sensitive data.
"The pace of innovation in the world of portable and affordable consumer devices is creating strong demand from manufacturers for more secure storage memory", said Marco Roveda, Vice President of Marketing in the Security and Advanced Technology Division (SATD) at Spansion.
"Spansion's roadmap includes security solutions designed to meet the recently announced OMTP standards to bring added value to our customers".
The OMTP recommendations are published in "Advanced trusted environment" (TR1), a new document focusing on security requirements that will enable new trusted services.
TR1 presents security recommendations that will allow a device to provide better protection for new mobile payment solutions and trusted services, such as mobile TV.
"The new TR1 recommendations come at a time when analysts are predicting that mobile payments and banking will soar", said Tim Raby, Managing Director at OMTP.
"By embracing the OMTP requirements, Spansion can provide much of the enhanced security network operators around the world are asking for, while creating greater confidence in and wider adoption of mobile payment services".
Spansion supports the OMTP recommendations and plans to have its security controllers undergo compliance efforts in 2009.
Memory controllers take valid commands and allow memory to be written to, read from, or set into.
A security controller adds another level of protection to the memory by allowing only authorised users access to specific data from the memory.
Supporting the new security standards will allow consumers to store and access their favourite personal data, pictures, music, audio-books and videos on a broad range of portable devices more securely.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Novel package shrinks multilayer memory units
- MCE launches solution to ASIC and IC obsolescence
- Systron appoints Inertial as British distributor
- Infineon Technologies - latest company news
- Infineon expands power module plant
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
Active components (13681)
- Analogue and mixed-signal ICs (2141)
- Communications ICs (wired) (2083)
- Discrete power devices (457)
- Programmable logic devices (632)
- Microprocessors, microcontrollers and DSPs (2621)
- Memory devices and modules (817)
- Power-supply ICs and controllers (2951)
- Communications ICs (wireless) (1802)
- Standard logic devices (173)
- Passive components (3639)
- Design and development (10279)
- Enclosures and panel products (4035)
- Interconnection (3703)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3506)
- Industry news (2108)
- Optoelectronics (1981)
- Power supplies (3058)
- Subassemblies (5681)
- Test and measurement (5836)