SCSI termination in compact protected packaging
Semiconwell has developed a new line of 9- and 27-channel surface mount LVD resistive networks designed for high-performance active termination of SCSI networks.
Semiconwell has developed a new line of 9- and 27-channel surface mount LVD resistive networks designed for high-performance active termination of SCSI networks compliant with SPI-2 (Ultra2), SPI-3 (Ultra3) and beyond.
The LVD SCSI is packaged in a moulded lead frame package (MLP) which offers greater reliability than the exposed resistors of a BGA version.
The MLP package is also smaller than BGA, does not require special assembly equipment and is easy to rework and repair at board level.
A typical existing BGA version occupies 90,000mil2 of PCB area for every nine channels.
The new 20-pin nine-channel device, the SWRSCSI-20ML5, occupies only 25,200mil2 of board area.
And the 27-channel, 56-pin SWRSCSI-56ML13 uses only 102,400mil2 of board, compared with 270,000mil2 necessary for three BGA devices.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- GTK announces Superspeed USB connectors
- Cable assemblies for ISO/IEC data transmission
- FFC connector handles high-speed transmission
- Trenton backplanes suit industrial display systems
- Edge card socket accepts two PCB cards
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active components (13433)
- Passive components (3553)
- Design and development (10232)
- Enclosures and panel products (3929)
- Interconnection (3578)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3472)
- Industry news (2104)
- Optoelectronics (1944)
- Power supplies (2968)
- Subassemblies (5589)
- Test and measurement (5760)