TV maker selects Si217x silicon television tuner
Silicon Laboratories has announced that Mitsubishi Digital Electronics America has selected the Si217x silicon television tuner for its Unisen brand of immersive sound LED TVs.
The Unisen modules benefit from the footprint and performance of the Si217x silicon TV tuner by mounting the IC directly on the main system board rather than using separate tuner modules.
Mounting the TV tuner directly on the main board reduces the PCB area and cost of the tuner design, while enabling the development of thinner TV designs.
The Si217x IC is claimed to be the industry's first silicon TV tuner to exceed the performance of traditional discrete TV tuners, enabling TV makers to deliver enhanced picture quality and better reception for both analogue and digital broadcasts.
It enables thinner form factors and a reduced bill of materials on the RF front end, without compromising RF performance.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Freescale develops MCU for BMW sports cars
- KSW Thinlam used in contactless US ID card
- Easy-Radio modules for remote camera control
- LG selects NXP HDMI switch for LED 3D television
- Blackfin processors power ANC products
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
Active components (13564)
- Analogue and mixed-signal ICs (2132)
- Communications ICs (wired) (2080)
- Discrete power devices (456)
- Programmable logic devices (630)
- Microprocessors, microcontrollers and DSPs (2599)
- Memory devices and modules (816)
- Power-supply ICs and controllers (2881)
- Communications ICs (wireless) (1793)
- Standard logic devices (173)
- Passive components (3589)
- Design and development (10253)
- Enclosures and panel products (3987)
- Interconnection (3648)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3485)
- Industry news (2106)
- Optoelectronics (1959)
- Power supplies (3013)
- Subassemblies (5628)
- Test and measurement (5791)