Clamshells safeguard PCBs in defence applications
Schroff has introduced a range of VPX clamshells that safeguard printed circuit boards in the extreme environmental conditions associated with defence applications.
As well as providing an efficient conduction cooling method for transferring heat generated by high-performance components, the clamshells are designed to protect boards from the effects of shock and vibration.
Based on the VITA 46/48 specifications, these robust clamshells are primarily intended for use in ruggedised VPX systems.
They consist of a two-part covering for 3 or 6U PCBs and can also accommodate ccPMC or XMC mezzanine cards.
The clamshells are supplied complete with Wedge-Lok or Card-Lok PCB retainers and extractor handles, which provide ample force to easily disengage the high-contact-density board connectors that are typically used in VPX systems.
Manufactured from aluminium alloy for high thermal conductivity and lightweight strength, the clamshells can be specified with various finishes, including black anodised, chemical film, electroless nickel plating and custom silk screening.
They are available with standard hollow covers and can also be custom machined to match the contours of the board topography, allowing heat to be removed from particular hot spots with the aid of thermal gap-filling materials.
Schroff also offers variants designed for use in VME/VME64x (IEEE 1101.2) and CompactPCI (VITA 30.1) systems.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Oscillator for PCIe-based embedded applications
- Mini oscillators for battery-powered applications
- Chip filters optimise performance of mobile phones
- Surface-mount OCXO suits digital signal processors
- MEMS oscillator fits fibre-channel applications
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active components (13610)
- Passive components (3611)
- Design and development (10258)
- Enclosures and panel products (4000)
- Interconnection (3667)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3489)
- Industry news (2106)
- Optoelectronics (1961)
- Power supplies (3027)
- Subassemblies (5646)
- Test and measurement (5811)