Schurter piezo switches are Atex approved
The piezo switch from Schurter has achieved approval according to Atex class II 2 G Ex ib IIB T4, enabling it to be employed in explosive facilities above ground.
The protection class refers to the permissible application in areas where an explosive atmosphere can arise from a mix of air and gases, vapours or mists.
The switch may be typically used in oil/gas production systems, in petrochemistry, as well as in paint and varnish mixing facilities.
The standard design is available for a mounting diameter of 16mm with pin connections and various housing colours.
Additional mounting diameters and connection designs are available upon request.
The switches for Ex applications are labelled with the type of approval and an identification number.
In accordance with the Atex guidelines, an installation manual is included in the scope of delivery.
Preparations for extending the approval to include dust-Ex applications are underway.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- AVX expands Transguard circuit protection range
- Pulse unveils NFC stamp antenna for mobile phones
- TPLE ultracapacitor cells power hand-held devices
- Fox oscillators meet needs of fibre-channel apps
- VCO suited for satellite communication systems
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active components (13610)
- Passive components (3611)
- Design and development (10258)
- Enclosures and panel products (4000)
- Interconnection (3667)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3489)
- Industry news (2106)
- Optoelectronics (1961)
- Power supplies (3027)
- Subassemblies (5646)
- Test and measurement (5811)