Samtec offers ZIF flex data link and socket system
Samtec has introduced the ZIF flex data link (ZHDL2 series) and socket (ZHR5 series) system for high-speed and rugged cable-to-board applications where signal integrity is important.
The 0.5mm pitch system features a rugged latching system with a notch on the flex data link for positive retention and zero insertion force on the pads.
Standard weld tabs on the socket provide stable connection to the board.
Available in two standard lengths and wiring options, the typical performance for the differential pair flex data link is up to 9.0GHz (at 7dB insertion loss) for a 5in length and 4.14GHz (at 7dB insertion loss) for a 10in length.
The following high-speed I/O protocol standards are supported: SAS, SATA, Fibre Channel, PCIe, Ethernet and Infiniband.
Signal contacts on top and ground contacts on the bottom are said to optimise signal integrity and high-speed data transfer.
The system is easily modified for custom pin counts and lengths.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- High-current connectors for use in small spaces
- Circular connectors for use in exposed areas
- Powersolve introduces series of plug-top adaptors
- Directional antenna for Wimax and Wi-Fi systems
- SCSI cable assemblies for high-vibration areas
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active components (13705)
- Passive components (3646)
- Design and development (10284)
- Enclosures and panel products (4041)
- Interconnection (3718)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3506)
- Industry news (2110)
- Optoelectronics (1982)
- Power supplies (3065)
- Subassemblies (5689)
- Test and measurement (5849)