Roband introduces RO-MIL-2212 DC-DC converter
Roband Electronics' RO-MIL-2212 is a compact military-specification DC-DC converter in 12 and 15V output versions.
These provide a power output of 120W from a package measuring just 76.3 x 38.2 x 10.2mm.
The new RO-MIL-2212 is a high-efficiency, high-power density single-rail unit comprising an isolated, high-frequency, pulse-width modulated push-pull converter.
While it is specified to operate from a nominal 28V supply, this versatile power supply will accept a wide input voltage range - from 16-40V (12V output version) and 14.5-40V (15V output version).
Options include an 80V input surge capability and a variant that will operate from an input as low as 9V.
External synchronisation is also available.
The RO-MIL-2212 operates over the military temperature range without de-rating.
It is unconditionally stable and does not require additional external components for correct operation.
A remote sense facility compensates for any voltage drop at the load due to the length of the power-supply leads.
The converter is also equipped with a remote disable function.
Both short-circuit and over-voltage protection is provided as standard.
The unit is housed in a machined aluminium enclosure, with a mounting flange configuration designed to optimise thermal impedance and provide adequate vibration support.
A PCB-mounting version is also available.
All Roband Electronics DC-DC converters are manufactured at its Charlwood, Horley site in accordance with the company's approved Quality Management System: BS EN ISO 9001:2000, BS EN 9100 and BS EN 9110.
The RO-MIL-2212's wide-input voltage range and surge capability ensure its suitability for MIL-STD-704 applications.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Diodes step-down converter increases efficiency
- AS8510 front-end IC provides 'highest accuracy'
- Battery charger IC accepts inputs from 4.95-32V
- Mobidapter USB stick plugs into mobile phones
- Signal amplifier suits sensors with current input
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
Active components (11739)
- Analogue and mixed-signal ICs (1756)
- Communications ICs (wired) (1808)
- Discrete power devices (436)
- Programmable logic devices (608)
- Microprocessors, microcontrollers and DSPs (2092)
- Memory devices and modules (779)
- Power-supply ICs and controllers (2501)
- Communications ICs (wireless) (1613)
- Standard logic devices (142)
- Passive components (3305)
- Design and development (9745)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3571)
- Interconnection (3290)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Packaging (3281)
- Industry News (2003)
- Optoelectronics (1816)
- Power Supplies (2666)
- Subassemblies (5168)
- Test and Measurement (5386)