RandS system tests monopulse radar receivers
At this year's Productronica exhibition, Rohde and Schwarz will present a flexibly configurable system solution for testing receivers in radar systems.
Manufacturers and operators can use this application in development, production and service to simulate phase-coherent multichannel signals.
The radar test system generates simple modulated or unmodulated pulse sequences and can also be expanded to a maximum of ten channels to create realistic scenarios.
The radar test system from Rohde and Schwarz makes it easy to integrate complex signal-generation functionality into the development and production of radar systems.
It provides high-level and phase accuracy over a wide dynamic range (up to 118dB) and extremely high setting speed throughout the entire range (less than one us/step at 50dB).
As a result, very fast, highly automated tests with complex sequences can be performed.
The application that is being showcased utilises three RandS SMBV100A signal generators.
It allows testing of three-channel monopulse radars such as those used in air-traffic control systems.
By deploying the appropriate number of signal generators, users can generate up to ten phase-coherent RF signals.
The radar test system features an integrated RandS FSV signal and spectrum analyser that performs internal system calibration and provides accurate test results over a wide temperature range by recalibrating during start-up or after temperature changes.
In addition, the RandS FSV analyses important parameters such as power or spurious of the transmitted radar pulses.
An RandS OSP switch and control platform as well as an RandS CompactTSVP serve as the interface to the radar receiver.
Furthermore, the graphical user interface on the PC makes it easy to set the signal parameters.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Protocol decode for PCI Express signals
- CMOS image sensor targets machine-vision market
- Pickering releases 41-752 battery simulator
- Image sensor suits high-volume mobile markets
- RDP transducers give direct analogue output
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active Components (11,544)
- Active Components (4)
- Analogue and Mixed Signal ICs (1,723)
- Communications ICs (Wired) (1,799)
- Communications ICs (Wireless) (1,590)
- Discrete Power Devices (428)
- Memory Devices and Modules (767)
- Microprocessors, Microcontrollers and DSPs (2,071)
- Power Supply ICs and Controllers (2,413)
- Programmable Logic Devices (607)
- Standard Logic Devices (142)
- Design and Development (9,607)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Packaging (3,234)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3,476)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (2)
- Fans and Blowers (228)
- Floor-Standing Racks, Cabinets, Enclosures (252)
- Gaskets, Seals and Screens (126)
- Handheld and Other Small Enclosures (143)
- Heatsinks and Thermal Management (203)
- Indicators and Audio (80)
- Instrument Cases, Benchtop, Wall-Mounting Enclosures (349)
- LCD Modules (493)
- Monitors (135)
- Other OEM Display Modules, Meters (241)
- Printers, Knobs, Bezels, Other Panelware (157)
- Rotary Controls, Joysticks etc (138)
- Switches and Keyboards (609)
- Touchscreens and Touch Sensors (313)
- Industry News (1,975)
- Interconnection (3,160)
- Optoelectronics (1,760)
- Passive Components (3,219)
- Power Supplies (2,565)
- Subassemblies (5,028)
- Test and Measurement (5,285)