Communications appliances on the desk and rack
Competitively priced communications appliances that use Intel chipsets and support Celeron M and Pentium M processors up to 2GHz.
New from Portwell, the entry-level NAD-2100 desktop and NAR-2200 1U rack-mount units are competitively priced communications appliances that use Intel chipsets and support Celeron M and Pentium M processors up to 2GHz to provide high computing performance with low power consumption for edge network appliances.
The fanless, low power NAD-2100 desktop and NAR-2200 1U rack-mount are ideal for system integrators (SIs), OEMs and software developers designing and implementing edge networking security applications such as network intrusion prevention/detection, spyware control, content filter, P2P control, instant message recording for small office/home office (SOHO) and remote satellite office.
The two units support PCI-Express and are also extremely effective in applications within industrial automation and control, and medical DICOM and PACS.
"We designed the new NAD-2100 desktop and NAR-2200 1U rack-mount units not only to provide a full Intel solution and easy expansion, but to do so at a competitive, budget-conscious price point", says Mark Huang, American Portwell Technology's Product Marketing Manager.
"The Intel 915GME chipset (with 533/400MHz FSB) includes support for Intel's Celeron M/Pentium M processors to provide superior reliability in a fanless/low noise configuration".
"Four onboard PCIe x1 GbE ports and two PCI-FE or GbE ports ensure easy expansion and wider bandwidth using ADSL, wireless, crypto or other add-on card/modules per our customer's requirements", Huang adds.
"The units include up to six built-in Gigabit Ethernet ports to maximise network bandwidth".
According to Huang, the units also include: one bypass segment (fail-open/fail-close) and a non-bypass-mode that is power failure configurable; two 200-pin SODIMM sockets that support DDR2 533 up to 2Gbyte; and support for a CompactFlash socket, disk on module and one SATA/IDE 2.5/3.5in HDD.
"What's more", explains Huang, "the NAD-2100 desktop and NAR-2200 1U rackmount units include a reset button to revert the system to the manufacturer's default setting".
"A feature that is definitely not available on commercial motherboard-based systems".
"The new desktop and 1U rack-mount units provide a full Intel solution", says Frank Shen, American Portwell Technology's Product Marketing Director.
"This means that they are able to furnish increased reliability and programming support".
Shen also states that Portwell's NAD-2100 desktop and NAR-2200 1U rack-mount edge network communications appliances are edge network smart.
"They do it by providing high computing performance with low power consumption at a competitive price point", he confirms.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- IB827 adds flexibility to embedded systems
- MSC Vertriebs joins Smart Usolutions Alliance
- Embedded computer has fanless design
- Impulse presents Aaeon embedded PC
- Aaeon unveils COM Express module and carrier board
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Articles by product category
- Active Components (11,579)
- Active Components (4)
- Analogue and Mixed Signal ICs (1,726)
- Communications ICs (Wired) (1,803)
- Discrete Power Devices (418)
- Programmable Logic Devices (597)
- Microprocessors, Microcontrollers and DSPs (2,157)
- Memory Devices and Modules (760)
- Power Supply ICs and Controllers (2,391)
- Communications ICs (Wireless) (1,578)
- Standard Logic Devices (145)
- Passive Components (3,138)
- Design and Development (9,476)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3,362)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (2)
- Handheld and Other Small Enclosures (137)
- Instrument Cases, Benchtop, Wall-Mounting Enclosures (338)
- Floor-Standing Racks, Cabinets, Enclosures (246)
- Fans and Blowers (223)
- Gaskets, Seals and Screens (123)
- Heatsinks and Thermal Management (198)
- LCD Modules (484)
- Monitors (132)
- Other OEM Display Modules, Meters (239)
- Switches and Keyboards (576)
- Rotary Controls, Joysticks etc (136)
- Indicators and Audio (79)
- Touchscreens and Touch Sensors (291)
- Printers, Knobs, Bezels, Other Panelware (151)
- Interconnection (3,028)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Packaging (3,182)
- Industry News (1,935)
- Optoelectronics (1,711)
- Power Supplies (2,461)
- Subassemblies (4,829)
- Test and Measurement (5,164)