Desktop appliance hosts secure networking
Designed and developed for SIs, OEMs and software developers who want to expand edge networking applications for their security-conscious customers.
New from American Portwell Technology, the NAD-2075-414 is a cost-effective desktop communications appliance for edge network applications.
The new NAD-2075-414 uses VIA Technologies' ultra-low voltage Eden 500MHz processor - with a thermal design power (TDP) of just 1W - a VIA chipset, CN700 north bridge and VT823R south bridge.
The fanless design and low power consumption makes the NAD-2075-414 the ideal choice for system integrators (SIs), OEMs and software developers designing and implementing edge networking security applications such as network intrusion prevention/detection, spyware control, content filter, P2P control, instant message recording for small office/home office (SOHO) and remote satellite office.
"With its fanless design, low power consumption and no-noise working environment, the new NAD-2075-414 is the most cost-effective solution for today's smarter edge network security applications", says Mark Huang, American Portwell Technology's Product Marketing Manager.
"Features of the NAD-2075-414 include: four fast 10/100 Ethernet ports with RTL8100 chip; onboard DDR2 256M and a SODIMM socket of up to 1Gbyte that combine for a maximum memory support of 1.25Gbyte; 256Mbyte of CompactFlash memory; and a reset button to change the system back to the manufacturer's default setting".
"This last feature is definitely not available on commercial motherboard-based systems", Huang confirms.
"The NAD-2075-414 is a fully configured system at a very attractive price", says Frank Shen, American Portwell Technology's Product Marketing Director.
"It was designed and developed for SIs, OEMs and software developers who want to expand edge networking applications for their security-conscious customers".
"While the enterprise has traditionally been the main focus, more and more users are working from home or from satellite offices where the low price point, noiseless operation and low power consumption of the NAD-2075-414 make it the perfect entry-level small office/home office solution".
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- IB827 adds flexibility to embedded systems
- MSC Vertriebs joins Smart Usolutions Alliance
- Embedded computer has fanless design
- Impulse presents Aaeon embedded PC
- Aaeon unveils COM Express module and carrier board
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Articles by product category
- Active Components (11,579)
- Active Components (4)
- Analogue and Mixed Signal ICs (1,726)
- Communications ICs (Wired) (1,803)
- Discrete Power Devices (418)
- Programmable Logic Devices (597)
- Microprocessors, Microcontrollers and DSPs (2,157)
- Memory Devices and Modules (760)
- Power Supply ICs and Controllers (2,391)
- Communications ICs (Wireless) (1,578)
- Standard Logic Devices (145)
- Passive Components (3,138)
- Design and Development (9,476)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3,362)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (2)
- Handheld and Other Small Enclosures (137)
- Instrument Cases, Benchtop, Wall-Mounting Enclosures (338)
- Floor-Standing Racks, Cabinets, Enclosures (246)
- Fans and Blowers (223)
- Gaskets, Seals and Screens (123)
- Heatsinks and Thermal Management (198)
- LCD Modules (484)
- Monitors (132)
- Other OEM Display Modules, Meters (239)
- Switches and Keyboards (576)
- Rotary Controls, Joysticks etc (136)
- Indicators and Audio (79)
- Touchscreens and Touch Sensors (291)
- Printers, Knobs, Bezels, Other Panelware (151)
- Interconnection (3,028)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Packaging (3,182)
- Industry News (1,935)
- Optoelectronics (1,711)
- Power Supplies (2,461)
- Subassemblies (4,829)
- Test and Measurement (5,164)