DC/DC regulators for portable devices and more
Maxim Integrated Products has launched the MAX15050/MAX15051 low-voltage (2.9V to 5.5V) 4A synchronous DC/DC regulators for notebooks, single-cell portable devices and networking applications.
The step-down regulators are offered in a 2 x 2mm wafer-level package (WLP) and integrate Mosfets to simplify design, minimise EMI and save board space.
Operation from a fixed 1MHz switching frequency further reduces total solution size, allowing all-ceramic capacitor designs.
Offering peak efficiencies up to 96 per cent, the point-of-load converters minimise power losses in applications ranging from portable devices to networking equipment.
The MAX15050 employs a pulse-skip mode to improve light-load efficiency, making it suitable for applications such as notebooks and single-cell portable devices.
The MAX15051 operates with a forced PWM mode, allowing it to be used in telecom, networking and base-station applications.
Other features include an enable input and power-good indicator for power sequencing, adjustable soft-start for controlled turn-on, and the ability to safely start up into a pre-biased output.
The MAX15050/MAX15051 provide +/- 1 per cent output-voltage accuracy over load, line and temperature, and are fully specified over the -40C to +85C extended temperature range.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
Tel +1 408 737 7600
- Wide-ranging, high-voltage, precision-op amps
The MAX9632 and MAX9633 from Maxim Integrated Products are 36V, low-noise, precision operational amplifiers with low distortion.
- Automotive 1.2A converter for tight power budgets
Maxim Integrated Products has announced the MAX16975 automotive-grade, 1.2A step-down converter optimised for operation over a 3.5V to 28V range.
- H.264 video compression cuts security DVR costs
Maxim Integrated Products introduces the MAX9530 - a four-channel analogue-to-digital front end for converting analogue video and audio signals to the digital format required for compression.
Low-noise amplifiers ideal for handheld devices
Maxim Integrated Products has introduced MAX2666/MAX2668 low-noise amplifiers (LNAs) for high-data-rate wireless protocols such as HSPA and LTE found in smartphones and tablets.
- Op amps for sensor interfaces in portable systems
Maxim has introduced the MAX9613/MAX9615 low-power precision operational amplifiers with rail-to-rail I/O for sensor interfaces in portable industrial and medical applications.
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
Active components (13556)
- Analogue and mixed-signal ICs (2131)
- Communications ICs (wired) (2080)
- Discrete power devices (456)
- Programmable logic devices (630)
- Microprocessors, microcontrollers and DSPs (2599)
- Memory devices and modules (816)
- Power-supply ICs and controllers (2878)
- Communications ICs (wireless) (1789)
- Standard logic devices (173)
- Passive components (3584)
- Design and development (10248)
- Enclosures and panel products (3983)
- Interconnection (3643)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3484)
- Industry news (2106)
- Optoelectronics (1959)
- Power supplies (3009)
- Subassemblies (5623)
- Test and measurement (5784)