KVM extender for mission-critical environments
Matrox Graphics has launched the Extio F2208 KVM extender, a remote graphics solution designed specifically for use in process control rooms, dispatch centres and other mission-critical environments.
The new extender separates the operator console (two displays plus five USB 2.0 ports for keyboard, mouse and other HIDs) from the host system by up to 1km of fibre-optic cable.
The dual-monitor Extio F2208 leverages its bus extension technology using a proprietary PCIe bus interface card to deliver raw, uncompressed data over the single- or multi-mode cable, enabling users to run applications at up to 2,560 x 1,600 per remote monitor with excellent workstation performance.
The Extio F2208 is said to be a stable and reliable input/output (I/O) extension solution that allows the critical parts of the computer be kept in a separate, secure location.
The new Matrox Extio F2208 dual-display units join the previously unveiled Extio F2408 quad-display units in offering higher performance, expanded operating system support and increased distance over the first-generation Extio KVM extenders.
Matrox Extio customers benefit from the Matrox Powerdesk desktop management software and passive cooling for silent operation and reliability, while eliminating the hidden dropped frame issues experienced with compression-based KVM extension solutions.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Huawei presents access router at Cebit 2011
- Embedded motherboards suitable for imaging tasks
- Kontron offers compact computer-on-module system
- Mini carrier board for space-critical applications
- Smart network adapters target security appliances
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active components (13647)
- Passive components (3620)
- Design and development (10266)
- Enclosures and panel products (4014)
- Interconnection (3684)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3491)
- Industry news (2106)
- Optoelectronics (1972)
- Power supplies (3046)
- Subassemblies (5661)
- Test and measurement (5825)