Upconverting mixer supports LTE wireless broadband
The LT5578 active upconverting mixer delivers high-dynamic-range performance from 400MHz to 2.7GHz, supporting all of the allocated LTE (Long-Term Evolution) wireless-broadband services.
At 900MHz, the mixer offers 27dBm output IP3 linearity and noise floor of -160.5dBm/Hz at an output level of -5dBm, enabling high transmitter dynamic range.
The LT5578 from Linear Technology delivers high dynamic range performance from 400MHz to 2.7GHz.
The mixer has 1.4dB conversion gain with integrated RF balun transformers that provide a single-ended RF output and LO (Local Oscillator) input to simplify designs while reducing external component count.
The device's LO input is internally buffered, requiring a drive level of -1dBm and resulting in a LO-to-RF leakage of -43dBm.
The LT5578 is designed to satisfy the requirements of next-generation LTE wireless basestation transmitters and improves the performance of wireless equipment, including W-CDMA / UMTS, TD-SCDMA, CDMA2000, CDMA and GSM/EDGE basestations.
The mixer is also suitable for a range of communications gear such as cable headend transmitters, microwave-broadband transmitters, wireless repeaters, military radios, digital-video broadcast systems, 2.4GHz ISM band transmitters, test instrumentation, and micro-cell and pico-cell basestation applications.
Compared to alternative passive mixers' more than 8dB of conversion loss, the LT5578's 1.4dB conversion gain produces 9dB higher signal power without the need of an external high-power, high-linearity RF output-amplifier stage.
Additionally the device can deliver an output level of -5dBm with an output-noise floor of -160.5dBm/Hz.
This feature enables users to deliver maximum transmitter signal power while preserving dynamic-range performance so that optimum ACPR (Adjacent Channel Power Ratio) performance can be attained.
The LT5578 operates from a single 3.3V supply and typical quiescent supply current is 152mA.
The device comes in a 24-lead 5 x 5mm plastic QFN surface-mount package.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
Tel +44 1628 477066
Linear Technology ADCs dissipate less power
Linear Technology has announced a range of 24 ultralow power 14/12-bit, 125 to 25Msps, quad and dual ADCs that are said to dissipate as little as one third of the power of competing ADCs.
Linear Technology launches analogue-controlled VGA
Linear Technology has introduced the LTC6412, an 800MHz analogue-controlled variable gain amplifier (VGA) with good noise and distortion performance, gain performance and gain flatness.
- DC/DC controller drives N-channel MOSFET stages
Linear Technology has announced the LTC3775, a low-minimum-on-time, wide-input-voltage-range, synchronous step-down DC/DC switching regulator controller that drives all N-channel power MOSFET stages.
Synchronous buck regulator has constant frequency
Linear Technology has announced a high-reliability, MP-grade version of the LTC3412A.
- Linear introduces single-channel PoE controller
Linear Technology has introduced the LTC4274 single-channel power-over-Ethernet (PoE) controller for power sourcing equipment (PSE) required to provide IEEE 802.3at (25.5W) or higher-power levels.
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active Components (11,628)
- Active Components (4)
- Analogue and Mixed-Signal ICs (1,737)
- Communications ICs (Wired) (1,803)
- Communications ICs (Wireless) (1,601)
- Discrete Power Devices (432)
- Memory Devices and Modules (772)
- Microprocessors, Microcontrollers and DSPs (2,083)
- Power-Supply ICs and Controllers (2,446)
- Programmable Logic Devices (608)
- Standard Logic Devices (142)
- Design and Development (9,672)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Packaging (3,251)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3,513)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (2)
- Fans and Blowers (230)
- Floor-Standing Racks, Cabinets, Enclosures (255)
- Gaskets, Seals and Screens (127)
- Handheld and Other Small Enclosures (143)
- Heatsinks and Thermal Management (206)
- Indicators and Audio (81)
- Instrument Cases, Benchtop, Wall-Mounting Enclosures (351)
- LCD Modules (497)
- Monitors (136)
- Other OEM Display Modules, Meters (241)
- Printers, Knobs, Bezels, Other Panelware (158)
- Rotary Controls, Joysticks etc (139)
- Switches and Keyboards (624)
- Touchscreens and Touch Sensors (316)
- Industry News (1,980)
- Interconnection (3,205)
- Optoelectronics (1,780)
- Passive Components (3,250)
- Power Supplies (2,604)
- Subassemblies (5,072)
- Test and Measurement (5,317)