Wireless module suitable for M2M market segment
Laird Technologies has released the LT1110 915MHz wireless module that is said to be suitable for the M2M market segment, particularly sensors and handheld data loggers.
The 915MHz FHSS module is based on proprietary FlexRF technology and is claimed to exceed most OEM application and performance requirements by providing a high-performance, configurable, secure, compatible and integrated wireless solution.
Embedded with Laird Technologies' robust server-client protocol, the LT1110 permits an unlimited number of clients to synchronise to a single server for low-latency communications.
The server and all clients in a network can communicate with any radio in range via either addressed or broadcast packets.
The configuration and test software allows OEMs to design and test networks to suit their applications.
From the OEM integrator's point of view, the LT1110's interface (API, configuration, and so on) is 100 per cent compatible with the LT2510, allowing the OEM to select either 915MHz or 2.4GHz.
The enhanced API commands provide packet routing control and network intelligence.
With its field-proven Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) RF protocol and increased penetration at 915MHz, the LT1110 rejects RF noise, is claimed to excel in multipath scenarios, allows for co-located systems, and provides a reliable communication link.
The module is also FCC certified.
Chris Downey, product manager - telematics and wireless M2M at Laird Technologies, said: 'The LT1110 915MHz wireless module is an easy-to-use and integrate platform that offers simple wireless communications for point-to-point and point-to-multipoint networks.
'It builds on Laird's series of FHSS radios, including the AC4490, LT4424 and LT2510, and is suitable for the M2M market segment, particularly sensors and handheld data loggers,' he added.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Torex launches high-speed 10.5V LDO regulator
- DACs prolong battery life in portable applications
- DC/DC regulators for single Li+ cell applications
- Zigbee network processor for the home automation
- CC2567 enables cross-device communication
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
Active components (13564)
- Analogue and mixed-signal ICs (2132)
- Communications ICs (wired) (2080)
- Discrete power devices (456)
- Programmable logic devices (630)
- Microprocessors, microcontrollers and DSPs (2599)
- Memory devices and modules (816)
- Power-supply ICs and controllers (2881)
- Communications ICs (wireless) (1793)
- Standard logic devices (173)
- Passive components (3589)
- Design and development (10253)
- Enclosures and panel products (3987)
- Interconnection (3648)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3485)
- Industry news (2106)
- Optoelectronics (1959)
- Power supplies (3013)
- Subassemblies (5628)
- Test and measurement (5791)