Lanner DVR platform provides vehicle surveillance
Lanner Electronics has announced the release of the VW-1104, a compact mobile DVR platform built on the Intel Atom CPU.
The VW-1104 is designed for installation trains, buses and emergency vehicles where its combination of real-time communications and video technologies let customers build advanced intelligent transportation systems.
Applications include fleet-management systems with real-time surveillance video, or in-vehicle infotainment systems to provide digital-signage content to passengers.
The VW-1104 includes four BNC inputs for capturing CCTV video and an onboard H.264 codec chip to convert video streams to high-quality, highly compressed H.264 video, allowing it to serve as a compact surveillance system in moving vehicles.
At the core of the platform is an ultra-low voltage Intel Atom N270 CPU.
The 1.6GHz processor delivers sufficient processing power for a range of applications while drawing very little power, enabling a fanless system design.
Multimedia features include HDMI and VGA video outputs, H.264 video compression and G.711 audio compression.
The VW-1104 incorporates technologies for accessing, controlling and communicating with the computer, including gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, 3G wireless supporting UTMS and W-CDMA interfaces, and a GPS receiver for location tracking.
It has a power-input range of 10-36V, dual power in via DC jack and Phoenix contact and 12V DC / 1A out to power peripherals such as cameras and sensors.
Other hardware specifications include an internal 2.5in hard-drive bay, Compactflash socket, four USB 2.0 ports, two high-speed serial UARTs, an RS-485 serial port, alarm/relay, and 1Gb DDR2 memory IC onboard (expandable to 2Gb via So-DIMM).
The Eyeshot 2000 Control Panel software provides basic features for camera control, PTZ, file storage and streaming, as well as advanced features including motion detection, night detection and scalable video coding.
The system supports Linux and Windows, and the SDK includes features for alarm I/O, streaming, RS-485 control and display.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- DFI motherboard has Intel Express chipset
- Pentek launches highest frequency data converter
- Aitech SBC offers 8GB of SATA flash disk storage
- Adlink COM is ready to plug into carrier boards
- Fanless Ebox is suitable for space-restricted apps
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active Components (11,674)
- Active Components (4)
- Analogue and Mixed Signal ICs (1,748)
- Communications ICs (Wired) (1,810)
- Communications ICs (Wireless) (1,593)
- Discrete Power Devices (425)
- Memory Devices and Modules (765)
- Microprocessors, Microcontrollers and DSPs (2,168)
- Power Supply ICs and Controllers (2,414)
- Programmable Logic Devices (602)
- Standard Logic Devices (145)
- Design and Development (9,551)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Packaging (3,216)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3,428)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (2)
- Fans and Blowers (225)
- Floor-Standing Racks, Cabinets, Enclosures (252)
- Gaskets, Seals and Screens (125)
- Handheld and Other Small Enclosures (139)
- Heatsinks and Thermal Management (201)
- Indicators and Audio (80)
- Instrument Cases, Benchtop, Wall-Mounting Enclosures (344)
- LCD Modules (488)
- Monitors (134)
- Other OEM Display Modules, Meters (240)
- Printers, Knobs, Bezels, Other Panelware (155)
- Rotary Controls, Joysticks etc (137)
- Switches and Keyboards (594)
- Touchscreens and Touch Sensors (305)
- Industry News (1,960)
- Interconnection (3,096)
- Optoelectronics (1,734)
- Passive Components (3,174)
- Power Supplies (2,517)
- Subassemblies (4,924)
- Test and Measurement (5,227)