VPN router computer suits industrial networks
Korenix has launched the Jetbox 9533G, a four-port Gigabit Embedded networking VPN router computer designed to provide extended high-bandwidth data transmission in industrial networks.
In addition to its interface of LAN, WAN, DIO, Serial Console and USB ports, the RISC-based computer is designed with four PoE ports for delivering power along with data to higher-resolution cameras and other high-performance PoE enabled devices.
The computer has a complete Layer3 routing and VPN functionality to expand networking capabilities and reduce system costs by managing dynamic long-distance and secure overlay gigabit network groups.
Combined with IP-31 rugged fanless, anti-vibration/shock design and -25C to +70C operating temperature, Jetbox 9533G is said to ensure the reliability and high performance of large network infrastructures in severe industrial environments.
The Jetbox 9533G features four integrated Gigabit RJ45 ports.
With the Giga ports, the VPN computer works as a backbone networking device to connect up to 4 gigabit switches in extended networks for delivering maximum throughput for high performance, high density and reliable connection.
The Jetbox 9533G is compliant with the IEEE802.3af PoE standard and operates as power-sourcing equipment to provide 15.4W power per port to higher resolution IP cameras, VoIP phones, wireless access points and other PoE-enabled devices.
IPC providers can benefit from the 4 Giga PoE ports of the computer to deliver hundreds of megapixel video streams with reduced construction, maintenance time and costs.
In addition to the PoE interface, the Jetbox 9533G provides eight DIO channels, RS232 console, USB port for connecting and reading the status of RFID readers, I/O devices and other data-enriched products in remote locations.
Jetbox 9533G supports VPN functionality and therefore can expand high-bandwidth networking capabilities and reduce system costs by establishing long-distance and secured network connections over WAN.
The complete Layer3 routing capabilities of Jetbox 9533G, including the OSPF, IPv6, and DVMRP are claimed to help users efficiently manage extended gigabit network groups in industrial environments.
Jetbox 9533G is an embedded Linux system for front-end industrial control applications.
It can execute customised Linux programs or Java programs via the built-in JavaVM.
In addition, it provides a user-friendly web UI - Webmin - for Linux beginners to easily manipulate the network or device-related settings.
For users' specific applications, Jetbox 9533G supports the Korenix Auto-Run customisation setting on SD card, allowing them to develop customised industrial control applications while making the industrial network management easier and more flexible.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- ETM831 offers high performance-per-watt
- Telit launches compact standalone GPS module
- Econa ARM-based processors are energy efficient
- Gumstix packs support computer-on-module series
- FW-7580 provides network communication platform
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active Components (11,616)
- Active Components (4)
- Analogue and Mixed-Signal ICs (1,734)
- Communications ICs (Wired) (1,803)
- Communications ICs (Wireless) (1,600)
- Discrete Power Devices (432)
- Memory Devices and Modules (770)
- Microprocessors, Microcontrollers and DSPs (2,083)
- Power-Supply ICs and Controllers (2,440)
- Programmable Logic Devices (608)
- Standard Logic Devices (142)
- Design and Development (9,668)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Packaging (3,247)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3,502)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (2)
- Fans and Blowers (230)
- Floor-Standing Racks, Cabinets, Enclosures (252)
- Gaskets, Seals and Screens (127)
- Handheld and Other Small Enclosures (143)
- Heatsinks and Thermal Management (204)
- Indicators and Audio (80)
- Instrument Cases, Benchtop, Wall-Mounting Enclosures (353)
- LCD Modules (496)
- Monitors (136)
- Other OEM Display Modules, Meters (241)
- Printers, Knobs, Bezels, Other Panelware (158)
- Rotary Controls, Joysticks etc (138)
- Switches and Keyboards (621)
- Touchscreens and Touch Sensors (314)
- Industry News (1,980)
- Interconnection (3,195)
- Optoelectronics (1,775)
- Passive Components (3,244)
- Power Supplies (2,599)
- Subassemblies (5,062)
- Test and Measurement (5,315)