Kontron PC has application in heavy-duty vehicles
Kontron has unveiled its in-vehicle PC based on the Intel Atom Z530 processor and Intel System Controller Hub US15W.
It has a flexible PCI/104 socket for ultra-flat and space-saving PCI/104 expansion cards.
Further options for customisation include 2 PCIe Mini Card Slots for custom-specific options such as GPS, GSM/UMTS and WLAN.
Its fanless design, easy expandability and high flexibility make the Kontron Microspace MPCX28 Box PC suitable for applications in buses, cars, trucks and automated heavy-duty vehicles used in intralogistics.
In cabs and buses it can be used for passenger infotainment, video surveillance or ticketing systems.
Typical truck applications include CAN-based trailer and goods management, GPS navigation combined with communication via GSM and UMTS/GPRS for fleet management.
For vehicles used in intralogistics, the applications range from the control of automated vehicles to logistics for forklift trucks with WLAN and barcode/RFID interfaces.
Designed to work in the extended temperature range -25 to 70C, the passively cooled in-vehicle Kontron Box PC is based on the Intel Atom Z530 1.6 GHz processor with 533MHz FSB and supports up to 1GB DDR2 RAM.
Externally accessible slots make it easy to swap out the hard drive to provide new content.
The internal PCI/104 and 2x PCIe Minicard expansion slots allow for various application-specific extensions, such as Dual-CAN, GPS, GSM/UMTS and WLAN.
The Kontron Microspace MPCX28 features a comprehensive set of interfaces to fulfill the demands of nearly all in-vehicle applications.
On the front, two USB 2.0 interfaces and 3.5mm jacks for stereo output and input are accompanied by a SIM slot for mobile communications.
On the back, the in-vehicle PC offers two-Gigabit Ethernet, two additional USB 2.0 ports and an SATA port to connect additional storage devices.
The DVI-I interface transmits analogue or digital video signals to external monitors with a resolution of up to 2,048 x 1,536.
Two DSUB connectors for COM ports (RS232) and a parallel interface for digital I/O, which provide CAN-bus connectivity via an optional PCI/104 expansion card, round off the feature set.
Due to its wide-range power supply (8 to 58V DC), Kontron's in-vehicle PC can be directly connected to the vehicle's power supply without additional converters.
A plug-in power supply for 110/220V AC is also available.
The system supports remote power on/off and can accommodate customer-specific functions such as wake on ring, event wake up or a wake on LAN.
The fanless Kontron Microspace MPCX28 in-vehicle PC is scheduled to be available (with CE and E1 certification) in Q1, 2010.
The Kontron box PC supports Windows XPe/XP/Vista/7 and Linux.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Kontron board features digital-display interface
- AIS PC solutions have embedded Intel architecture
- Nexcom offers Pbox industrial computing platform
- Adlink Express COMs have compact design
- Icon-32900 range converts Ethernet network signals
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active Components (11,577)
- Active Components (4)
- Analogue and Mixed-Signal ICs (1,726)
- Communications ICs (Wired) (1,800)
- Communications ICs (Wireless) (1,593)
- Discrete Power Devices (431)
- Memory Devices and Modules (768)
- Microprocessors, Microcontrollers and DSPs (2,078)
- Power-Supply ICs and Controllers (2,427)
- Programmable Logic Devices (608)
- Standard Logic Devices (142)
- Design and Development (9,637)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Packaging (3,244)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3,486)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (2)
- Fans and Blowers (229)
- Floor-Standing Racks, Cabinets, Enclosures (252)
- Gaskets, Seals and Screens (127)
- Handheld and Other Small Enclosures (143)
- Heatsinks and Thermal Management (203)
- Indicators and Audio (80)
- Instrument Cases, Benchtop, Wall-Mounting Enclosures (349)
- LCD Modules (493)
- Monitors (136)
- Other OEM Display Modules, Meters (241)
- Printers, Knobs, Bezels, Other Panelware (157)
- Rotary Controls, Joysticks etc (138)
- Switches and Keyboards (616)
- Touchscreens and Touch Sensors (313)
- Industry News (1,978)
- Interconnection (3,185)
- Optoelectronics (1,771)
- Passive Components (3,230)
- Power Supplies (2,589)
- Subassemblies (5,049)
- Test and Measurement (5,296)