Walloon and Kontron sign master agreement
Kontron has announced that the Walloon Transport Company in Belgium has opted for Kontron technologies for future complex applications.
A corresponding master agreement entailing an order volume of more than EUR8 has now been signed.
As part of the first step, the plan is to equip more than 2,500 buses from 2010 with a system in the area of local public transport, which will ensure a boost in terms of safety, reliability and punctuality.
The networked embedded computers are based on energy saving and reliable Intel Atom processors.
Using GPS positioning and GSM mobile modules, they guarantee efficient fleet management as well as reliable location monitoring and schedule optimisation.
FireWire interfaces allow for rapid data reconciliation at depot, and RFID technology allows the implementation of non-cash ticketing.
Numerous applications produced by the company are in use, for example for controlling driverless subway trains, on both local and high-speed trains, and in on-board PCs on buses.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Record year for radio specialist
- Airlinks to aid traffic reports
- Scotland goes to Barcelona for GSM
- Wireless sensory technologies in focus
- Innovations in wireless data telemetry
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active components (13647)
- Passive components (3620)
- Design and development (10266)
- Enclosures and panel products (4014)
- Interconnection (3684)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3491)
- Industry news (2106)
- Optoelectronics (1972)
- Power supplies (3046)
- Subassemblies (5661)
- Test and measurement (5825)