Smart network adapters target security appliances
Interface Masters Technologies' 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10Gb) Smart Network Adapters come in a PCI-e form factor and are targeted at networking and security appliances, servers and storage systems.
The Niagara 710 fully offloads secure network services, packet classification and network protocols processing from the host CPU to handle high-speed network traffic up to 10Gbps.
It is based on Freescale Semiconductor's QorIQ P4080 processor, which integrates eight e500 power architecture cores, dual 10Gb fibre interfaces, up to 8GB of DDR3, PCI-e x8 in a full-height half-length PCI-Express form factor.
This PCI-e adapter addresses a range of systems and applications, including L2-L7 switches, WAN optimisation, storage equipment, monitoring systems and packet generator testers.
Interface Masters Technologies will be presenting the adapter at the RSA conference in San Francisco.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Touch-panel PC suits rugged environments
- Barebone computer designed for fanless operation
- ATCA platforms support all-IP networks
- Fanless vehicle computer suits rugged environments
- Matrox adds edge-overlap feature to M-Series cards
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active components (13647)
- Passive components (3620)
- Design and development (10266)
- Enclosures and panel products (4014)
- Interconnection (3684)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3491)
- Industry news (2106)
- Optoelectronics (1972)
- Power supplies (3046)
- Subassemblies (5661)
- Test and measurement (5825)