Graphics processor achieves OpenGL conformance
Imagination Technologies has reported that its PowerVR SGX520 graphics processor core has achieved conformance with the Khronos OpenGL ES 2.0 standard.
PowerVR SGX520 is the smallest 3D graphics processor solution to achieve OpenGL ES 2.0 conformance.
The Khronos range of multimedia APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) enable multimedia software applications to be written in a well defined and structured manner.
PowerVR SGX supports OpenGL 2.0, OpenGL ES 2.0, OpenGL ES 1.1 and OpenVG 1.0, while the previous generation PowerVR MBX 3D acceleration core supports OpenGL ES 1.1 and OpenVG 1.0.1.
PowerVR SGX is already shipping in SOCs from Intel, NEC, Renesas and Texas Instruments.
The first phones capable of delivering OpenGL ES 2.0 support, enabled by PowerVR SGX, are on sale in Japan now.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Imagination unveils PowerVR silicon core
- Saft Power Systems deploys Zuken software
- USB2 peripheral provides digital signature
- Sundance enters partnership with Dillon
- Synopsys develops base curve modelling technology
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
- Active Components (11,932)
- Passive Components (2,956)
- Design and Development (9,404)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3,236)
- Interconnection (2,843)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Production, Packaging (3,060)
- Industry News (1,899)
- Optoelectronics (1,623)
- Power Supplies (2,302)
- Subassemblies (4,558)
- Test and Measurement (4,964)