Shunts replace transformers in large inverters
Isabellenhuette, Semikron and Siemens Drive Technologies have cooperated to develop a three-phase shunt module for the Siemens Sinamics G120 frequency inverter series.
This series is intended for measuring phase currents of up to 20A through shunts on the circuit board.
Isabellenhutte, Semikron and Siemens Drive Technologies have cooperated to develop a 3-phase shunt module for the Siemens SINAMICS G120 frequency inverter series.
Currents of up to 400A can be measured with precision and long-term stability using the jointly developed shunt modules in Semikron's Semitrans housing.
The PM240 high-performance parts for Sinamics G120 inverters make it possible to extend the current range of Isabellenhuette's Type BVR electron beam welded composite material precision resistors to 800A and power output to 132kW.
For this purpose, the resistance of shunts used in this area was reduced from 3mohm to 1mohm, and the module's layout was optimised.
The housing interior was also adapted to the terminal link design.
The isolated shunt installation, integration of three phases in one case and optimised power loss heat dissipation by a DCB substrate, as well as the module's size, were not changed.
Generally, the module's resilience and reliability were improved.
This module permits measuring currents of greater than 500A in industrial serial applications with four parallel SMD precision resistors with a deviation of less than 0.3 per cent in a temperature range between -25C and 125C.
At the same time, the system's drift throughout its life cycle is less than 0.5 per cent.
A prerequisite for this is the shunt's resistance alloy, which was optimised for this purpose.
Using shunt current measuring in this area of performance resulted in a very compact frequency inverter that may be used for operating engines, with a power rate of up to 132kW instead of the former 90kW.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
Tel +49 2771 934 282
- IVT monitors current and voltage in electric cars
Isabellenhuette Heusler has introduced a sensor module (IVT) that measures current and voltage during lithium-ion battery charging and discharging periods.
Sensor modules handle high currents
The IMS-B-R001 sensor module is intended for use in larger measurement systems such as current measurement devices or battery management systems.
Precision resistors serve on space lab
The European Columbus laboratory is now in space, and precision resistors from the Isabellenhutte SMx series are onboard.
High-current measurement module cuts losses
Depending on the model, up to 2000A permanent current, or 4000A for 1s, and voltages up to 300V can be measured.
Braking resistors provide powerful performance
When using resistors in frequency convertors and servo controllers, small size and facility for direct heatsink mounting offer great advantages.
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Articles by product category
- Active Components (11,615)
- Active Components (4)
- Analogue and Mixed Signal ICs (1,730)
- Communications ICs (Wired) (1,807)
- Discrete Power Devices (419)
- Programmable Logic Devices (599)
- Microprocessors, Microcontrollers and DSPs (2,161)
- Memory Devices and Modules (762)
- Power Supply ICs and Controllers (2,403)
- Communications ICs (Wireless) (1,585)
- Standard Logic Devices (145)
- Passive Components (3,146)
- Design and Development (9,492)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3,383)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (2)
- Handheld and Other Small Enclosures (137)
- Instrument Cases, Benchtop, Wall-Mounting Enclosures (339)
- Floor-Standing Racks, Cabinets, Enclosures (246)
- Fans and Blowers (224)
- Gaskets, Seals and Screens (123)
- Heatsinks and Thermal Management (200)
- LCD Modules (486)
- Monitors (132)
- Other OEM Display Modules, Meters (240)
- Switches and Keyboards (582)
- Rotary Controls, Joysticks etc (137)
- Indicators and Audio (80)
- Touchscreens and Touch Sensors (295)
- Printers, Knobs, Bezels, Other Panelware (153)
- Interconnection (3,049)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Packaging (3,193)
- Industry News (1,940)
- Optoelectronics (1,716)
- Power Supplies (2,481)
- Subassemblies (4,856)
- Test and Measurement (5,187)