Gresham supplies power systems for Hobart AWD
Gresham Power Electronics has been awarded a contract by the Australian Navy to supply helicopter starting rectifiers and DC power distribution systems for the Hobart Class Air Warfare Destroyer.
The destroyer is to be built by the Air Warfare Destroyer (AWD) Alliance.
The Hobart AWD is based on the existing F100 frigate platform designed by Navantia and already in service with the Spanish Navy.
It is a baseline design that required minimal modifications for Australian use and employs power systems provided by Gresham.
The scope of supply from Gresham Power follows in part systems previously supplied to Navantia in Spain in support of its F-100 programme.
There are a number of additional requirements and up-rating to cope with some differences in the application.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Saft presents Li-ion batteries at Eurosatory
- Converter powers energy-monitoring systems
- Insys provides custom controls for e-mobility
- Murata transformers have controlled turns ratios
- Saft supplies Li-ion batteries for tactical radios
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active components (13556)
- Passive components (3584)
- Design and development (10248)
- Enclosures and panel products (3983)
- Interconnection (3643)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3484)
- Industry news (2106)
- Optoelectronics (1959)
- Power supplies (3009)
- Subassemblies (5623)
- Test and measurement (5784)