Foremost launches flexible enclosure solution
Foremost Electronics, a distributor of electromechanical components, has introduced a range of 1U, 19in (48cm) rack-mountable 'pizza-box' enclosures.
The Elma Slimkit 10 is a flexible enclosure solution for free-standing or 19in rack-mounted systems.
The basic chassis can be transformed into a complete case by adding a rear panel and top cover to the basic mounting chassis.
The design allows numerous enclosure combinations to be assembled depending on the application.
Fitted with a wear-resistant aluminium front panel, the chassis is available with or without perforations for optimised thermal solutions and is available in a number of finishes for individual product tailoring.
Typical applications for the Slimkit 10 include low-profile test equipment, control and instrumentation systems, telecommunications, networking, alarms, audio and wireless products and signal conversion equipment.
Alan Cook, managing director of Foremost Electronics, said: 'The addition of these high-quality pizza-box 19in enclosures complements our existing range of Emech products and allows our customers to buy complete connectivity, switching and enclosure solutions from one source.
'Our goal is to provide a one-stop shop for all the interface, connectivity and packaging needs of system and instrument manufacturers,' he added.
Standard features include an aluminium front panel, a 0.75mm pre-galvanised sheet steel frame, vibration-proof construction, fast assembly, easy access, removable front and rear panels and EMC shielding without additional gaskets.
The 1U-high chassis may be specified with a base tray of either 240mm or 360mm, with or without perforations for air flow.
Accessories include handles that may be specified in a range of colours, tilting or fixed feet for free-standing applications and an earthing kit to allow enclosures to meet the requirements of EN/VDE/SEV safety standards.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- AIS introduces industrial touch-screen displays
- Waterproof detector switches for automotive use
- TFT displays offer wide viewing angles
- PMOLED displays feature DC/DC charge pumps
- Enclosure designed with EMC compliance in mind
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active components (13556)
- Passive components (3584)
- Design and development (10248)
Enclosures and panel products (3983)
- Handheld and other small enclosures (161)
- Instrument cases, benchtop, wall-mounting enclosures (395)
- Floor-standing racks, cabinets, enclosures (289)
- Fans and blowers (244)
- Gaskets, seals and screens (132)
- Heatsinks and thermal management (233)
- LCD modules (561)
- Monitors (144)
- Other OEM display modules, meters (255)
- Switches and keyboards (746)
- Rotary controls, joysticks etc (148)
- Indicators and audio (94)
- Touchscreens and touch sensors (371)
- Printers, knobs, bezels, other panelware (182)
- Interconnection (3643)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3484)
- Industry news (2106)
- Optoelectronics (1959)
- Power supplies (3009)
- Subassemblies (5623)
- Test and measurement (5784)