Waterproof prosthesis uses Fischer connectors
Ohio Willow Wood's Limblogic VS controller, which enables amputees to swim in fresh water and to cycle, for example, uses connector and cable technology supplied by Fischer Connectors.
This technology ensures that the controller remains sealed, watertight and leak proof.
Fischer offered a water-tight, rugged, miniature SS-102 series connector that could not be forced, and yet could be blind-mated easily
When working to design the Limblogic VS, product engineers wanted to eradicate the discomforts of past prosthetics.
To achieve this, a reliable and controllable vacuum suspension device was required.
The engineers wanted to eliminate both external tubing to the socket and bulky mounting.
Key features that they wanted to incorporate included inline mounting in a prosthesis, the set-and-forget monitoring of pressure, remote-control operation, a waterproof controller and quiet operation.
Fischer connectors are light and compact and incorporate patented push-pull technology.
Mike Haynes, design engineer at Ohio Willow Wood, said: 'Fischer's connectors gave Ohio Willow Wood exactly what we needed: a watertight, rugged, miniature SS-102 series connector, which could not be forced and yet could be blind mated easily.
'Fischer's assistance with samples, CAD drawings and prompt delivery allowed Ohio Willow Wood to get to market quickly,' he added.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Fischer provides connectors for heart-lung system
- Network Rail certifies Edac 516 Series connectors
- BYD automobiles use Microtune antenna amplifiers
- Scuba 2 camera uses Cryoconnect wiring harnesses
- Fischer supplies durable connectors to Pinnacle
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active components (13556)
- Passive components (3584)
- Design and development (10248)
- Enclosures and panel products (3983)
- Interconnection (3643)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3484)
- Industry news (2106)
- Optoelectronics (1959)
- Power supplies (3009)
- Subassemblies (5623)
- Test and measurement (5784)