CMOS image sensor put inside digital film camera
Cypress Semiconductor's CMOS image sensor has been designed into the 35mm Alexa digital motion-picture camera from ARRI, used to produce films including 3D movies and commercial shoots.
Produced at Arnold and Richter Cine Technik's (ARRI's) Munich facilities, the Alexa offers a file-based workflow that eliminates lengthy transfer processes and accelerates post-production by making images immediately available for editing and colour correction.
Designed to look and feel like a 35mm film camera, the Alexa with Cypress image sensor outperforms ARRI's traditional CCD- and CMOS-based competitors.
The camera has dynamic range, a rugged frame that enables it to perform in different climates and simple menu controls.
Previously, a Cypress custom CMOS imager sensor was designed into ARRI's Arriflex D20/D21 digital motion-picture camera, which preceded the Alexa.
Cypress used this knowledge, along with experience gained from numerous other sensor designs, to improve the performance of the Alexa sensor.
The company's custom image sensor portfolio addresses a broad range of applications, including industrial and medical x-ray imaging, endoscopy, machine vision, star tracking and remote sensing for space, barcode readers, biometrics, cinematography, high-speed line sensors and high-speed motion analysis sensors.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Atmel touch controller used in Sharp smartphones
- Flexible inverter system for automotive industry
- Freescale develops MCU for BMW sports cars
- TV maker selects Si217x silicon television tuner
- KSW Thinlam used in contactless US ID card
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
Active components (13556)
- Analogue and mixed-signal ICs (2131)
- Communications ICs (wired) (2080)
- Discrete power devices (456)
- Programmable logic devices (630)
- Microprocessors, microcontrollers and DSPs (2599)
- Memory devices and modules (816)
- Power-supply ICs and controllers (2878)
- Communications ICs (wireless) (1789)
- Standard logic devices (173)
- Passive components (3584)
- Design and development (10248)
- Enclosures and panel products (3983)
- Interconnection (3643)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3484)
- Industry news (2106)
- Optoelectronics (1959)
- Power supplies (3009)
- Subassemblies (5623)
- Test and measurement (5784)