CIL produces infrared light source for Mindstorm
Custom Interconnect (CIL) has produced a bespoke, high-power, uniform, infrared (IR) light source for Mindstorm Technologies.
CIL's light-emitting-diode (LED) solution is said to provide advantages over previous light sources used in the system.
Mindstorm approached CIL for assistance to design and build high-power, IR illumination products for its new range of interactive, multi-touch display systems.
CIL produced a series of theoretical models and simulations that eliminated the limitations and compromises of previous designs and, following a full technical review and assessment, prototypes were delivered within a few days.
In parallel with finalising the electronics design, CIL also worked on the product-packaging, installation and commissioning aspects of the project, producing a fully engineered product in less than eight weeks.
A full production programme is now under way at CIL's facilities.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Oxley provides engineering for ship LED navigation
- Receivers power in-vehicle networking technology
- Boston uses SL-Dolphin fixtures in street lights
- Opto advances free automotive dash design
- Flashlamps power up the world's biggest laser
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active components (13616)
- Passive components (3614)
- Design and development (10262)
- Enclosures and panel products (4002)
- Interconnection (3675)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3490)
- Industry news (2106)
- Optoelectronics (1963)
- Power supplies (3034)
- Subassemblies (5653)
- Test and measurement (5817)