C-Mac to co-develop optical communications device
C-Mac Microtechnology and Ultra Communications are to co-develop 10Gb/s optical transmit and receive modules for military and space applications.
C-Mac said the device will be capable of servicing the needs of all existing and planned avionics optical databus requirements for the foreseeable future.
C-Mac's transceiver will initially provide four transmit and four receive optical channels each running at 2.5Gb/s using Ultra Communications' optical core.
It will be packaged in a hermetic enclosure and qualified to international military and space standards and the evolving JEDEC standards.
This product is designed to meet the growing demand for high data rate transmission via optical networks built into air frame and satellite architecture.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Oxley to supply navigation LED lights for UAV
- Oxley provides engineering for ship LED navigation
- Receivers power in-vehicle networking technology
- CIL produces infrared light source for Mindstorm
- Boston uses SL-Dolphin fixtures in street lights
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active components (13616)
- Passive components (3614)
- Design and development (10262)
- Enclosures and panel products (4002)
- Interconnection (3675)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3490)
- Industry news (2106)
- Optoelectronics (1963)
- Power supplies (3034)
- Subassemblies (5653)
- Test and measurement (5817)