ZF picks Cherry for electronics knowhow
Acquisition by ZF will bring substantial additional resources for future growth in all of Cherry's product segments.
ZF Friedrichshafen is set to acquire Cherry Corp, further expanding its leading worldwide automotive supplier position for driveline and chassis technology.
"With ZF Electronics, we are reinforcing our competence profile in the fields of mechatronics and electronics", underlined Hans-Georg Harter, ZF's CEO and President.
"In particular for our future tasks in driveline and chassis technology, we can swiftly apply Cherry's knowhow".
Cherry was founded in 1953 and develops as well as produces switches, sensors, control units, and electronics modules for the automotive industry, components for industrial and household applications, and computer input devices.
Cherry's comprehensive knowhow for electronics, software, mechatronics, and plastics technology is, for example, currently incorporated in mechatronics modules, sensor systems, operating switches, selector lever modules, and keyless entry electronics.
The company employs approximately 3100 employees worldwide, half of the workforce is located in Germany, with headquarters in Auerbach, between Nuremberg and Bayreuth.
For the rest of world, Cherry has approximately 900 employees in North America, 250 in Asia, and 400 in Eastern Europe.
Total sales account for US $400 million with 65% generated in Europe.
Peter Cherry, Chairman and President of Cherry said: "This transaction has great strategic value; as it will allow Cherry to expand its current customer base and ZF will bring substantial additional resources for future growth in all of Cherry's product segments".
"There are many opportunities for incorporating Cherry's technologies into the broad range of ZF applications".
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- TTI signs distribution agreement with CandK
- Anders appoints business development manager
- Surtech increases Imrak stock to meet demand
- Spice model to accelerate organic TFT design
- Packaging systems to enhance embedded offerings
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active Components (11,501)
- Active Components (4)
- Analogue and Mixed Signal ICs (1,711)
- Communications ICs (Wired) (1,797)
- Communications ICs (Wireless) (1,584)
- Discrete Power Devices (426)
- Memory Devices and Modules (766)
- Microprocessors, Microcontrollers and DSPs (2,064)
- Power Supply ICs and Controllers (2,401)
- Programmable Logic Devices (606)
- Standard Logic Devices (142)
- Design and Development (9,581)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Packaging (3,237)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3,458)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (2)
- Fans and Blowers (228)
- Floor-Standing Racks, Cabinets, Enclosures (252)
- Gaskets, Seals and Screens (125)
- Handheld and Other Small Enclosures (142)
- Heatsinks and Thermal Management (203)
- Indicators and Audio (80)
- Instrument Cases, Benchtop, Wall-Mounting Enclosures (346)
- LCD Modules (491)
- Monitors (134)
- Other OEM Display Modules, Meters (240)
- Printers, Knobs, Bezels, Other Panelware (156)
- Rotary Controls, Joysticks etc (138)
- Switches and Keyboards (603)
- Touchscreens and Touch Sensors (311)
- Industry News (1,972)
- Interconnection (3,137)
- Optoelectronics (1,749)
- Passive Components (3,197)
- Power Supplies (2,541)
- Subassemblies (4,994)
- Test and Measurement (5,267)