Murata vice-president recieves IPC award
Murata Power Solutions has announced that its vice-president of design quality has received a Distinguished Committee Service Award from the IPC.
Don Gerstle received his award at the IPC's awards luncheon in Schaumburg, Illinois, USA, on 22 September 2008.
The award was made in recognition of contributions in the development of IPC-9592, Requirements for Power Conversion Devices for the Computer and Telecommunications Industries.
The IPC-9592 standard was officially issued on 17 September 2008 and sets the requirements for design, qualification testing, conformance testing and manufacturing quality / reliability processes.
IPC-9592 addresses the fact there is presently no consistent, overall standard for power supplies and DC/DC converters, with individual companies typically having their own standards.
The new standard is expected to become the common requirement for tier 1 telecom, IT and computer applications and will support the development of better quality products where more problems are eliminated before the product reaches the consumer.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Zigor has magic touch for Misco Expo
- TDK-Lambda - latest company news
- Excelsys selects Avnet as European distributor
- Digi-Key to distribute Murata products
- Murata appoints Codico as European distributor
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active Components (11687)
- Passive Components (3287)
- Design and Development (9716)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3535)
- Interconnection (3258)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Packaging (3268)
- Industry News (1989)
- Optoelectronics (1800)
- Power Supplies (2638)
- Subassemblies (5133)
- Test and Measurement (5351)