Brand-Rex cable installation for racing circuit
Brand-Rex has announced that ICS is to supply and install a high-security Brand-Rex Microblo Air blown fibre cable infrastructure throughout the Silverstone motor racing circuit campus.
Silverstone needed a replacement fibre installation to support the 18-track security cameras that would be relocated by the track alterations.
Part of the original fibre installation was carried across the track on a bridge that was going to be demolished.
The Brand-Rex air blown fibre solution, Microblo, was chosen specifically for the project due to its flexibility and scalability, allowing additional connectivity for further services and devices in the future without disruption.
The Microblo system uses compressed air to blow specially coated optical fibres into pre-installed plastic tubes and microducts, providing a flexible and cost-effective method of installing optical fibre with extensive future-proofing potential.
Currently five nodes, supporting 80 per cent of the site, have been installed and commissioned.
The final two nodes that complete the fibre ring will be commissioned as part of the contemporary pit and paddock complex that will house the new race control centre and provide a central distribution point for voice and data services throughout the venue.
As additional fibre is required, it is simply air blown into the existing fibre duct infrastructure, reducing initial capital expenditure and the need to install dark fibre.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Waterproof prosthesis uses Fischer connectors
- Fischer provides connectors for heart-lung system
- Network Rail certifies Edac 516 Series connectors
- BYD automobiles use Microtune antenna amplifiers
- Scuba 2 camera uses Cryoconnect wiring harnesses
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active components (13556)
- Passive components (3584)
- Design and development (10248)
- Enclosures and panel products (3983)
- Interconnection (3643)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3484)
- Industry news (2106)
- Optoelectronics (1959)
- Power supplies (3009)
- Subassemblies (5623)
- Test and measurement (5784)