Converter powers energy-monitoring systems
Bear Power Supplies has designed a custom power supply for a provider of smart meters and data collection systems.
The custom 30W AC/DC converter will power energy-monitoring systems to be mounted on utility poles worldwide, providing a key link in the 'smart grid' advanced metering infrastructure (AMI).
Bear designed the custom AC/DC converter to withstand high transient surges such as those caused by lightning, following IEEE C62.41-1991 (R1995) practices.
This compact power supply has been designed to deliver years of reliable operation under an extreme operating temperature range of -40C to +70C.
In addition to smart grid and other utility applications, Bear custom power supplies are found in a wide range of commercial and industrial equipment including ground transportation, telecommunications, medical and military systems.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Saft presents Li-ion batteries at Eurosatory
- Insys provides custom controls for e-mobility
- Gresham supplies power systems for Hobart AWD
- Murata transformers have controlled turns ratios
- Saft supplies Li-ion batteries for tactical radios
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active components (13556)
- Passive components (3584)
- Design and development (10248)
- Enclosures and panel products (3983)
- Interconnection (3643)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3484)
- Industry news (2106)
- Optoelectronics (1959)
- Power supplies (3009)
- Subassemblies (5623)
- Test and measurement (5784)