Miniature potentiometers take control
Typical applications include controlling dimmers, wipers and various in-car accessories.
Available now from Alps Electric, the compact surface-mountable RK119 series of 11mm metal shaft potentiometers offer a range of options, including a centre-push switch.
With dimensions of only 14.2 x 11.7 x 5.0mm they can easily be mounted on even high-density printed circuit boards.
The metal shaft has a length of 20mm and a shaft diameter of 4.5mm.
The vertical type potentiometers enable direct installation on PCBs and are suitable for reflow soldering.
They are rated for voltages of 50V AC or 10V DC and have a power consumption of 0.05W.
Despite its tiny size, the RK119 series features good haptics and high total mechanical rotation angle of 300+10/-5 degrees.
The necessary rotational torque is 7.5+/-3.5mNm.
The shaft stopper strength amounts to 0.5Nm and the push-pull-strength to 100N.
The optional switch is designed as single-pole single-throw push-on switch and is rated for switching currents of up to 0.1mA at 5V DC.
It requires an operating force of 5+/-2N.
The push-on switch travel is either 0.5 or 1.5mm, depending on the model.
The operating life of the RK119 series is specified with 15,000 rotational cycles and 100,000 switching cycles.
Further technical characteristics are a total resistance of 10kohm with +/-20% tolerance, an initial contact resistance of 50mohm, an insulation resistance of up to 100Mohm and a voltage proof of 300VAC per minute.
The operating temperature ranges between -40 and +85C.
Typical applications for the RK119 series are controlling of dimmers, wipers and various in-car accessories, controlling of volume, tone and balance of car audio equipment and car navigation systems, and level controls in various communication devices.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Display modules has selectable message speed
- AV4PRO-DVI switches feature true emulation
- Avalue launches chassis for housing components
- LCD modules enable migration to colour displays
- WVGA TFT displays up to 16.2 million colours
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Articles by product category
- Active Components (11,579)
- Active Components (4)
- Analogue and Mixed Signal ICs (1,726)
- Communications ICs (Wired) (1,803)
- Discrete Power Devices (418)
- Programmable Logic Devices (597)
- Microprocessors, Microcontrollers and DSPs (2,157)
- Memory Devices and Modules (760)
- Power Supply ICs and Controllers (2,391)
- Communications ICs (Wireless) (1,578)
- Standard Logic Devices (145)
- Passive Components (3,138)
- Design and Development (9,476)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3,362)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (2)
- Handheld and Other Small Enclosures (137)
- Instrument Cases, Benchtop, Wall-Mounting Enclosures (338)
- Floor-Standing Racks, Cabinets, Enclosures (246)
- Fans and Blowers (223)
- Gaskets, Seals and Screens (123)
- Heatsinks and Thermal Management (198)
- LCD Modules (484)
- Monitors (132)
- Other OEM Display Modules, Meters (239)
- Switches and Keyboards (576)
- Rotary Controls, Joysticks etc (136)
- Indicators and Audio (79)
- Touchscreens and Touch Sensors (291)
- Printers, Knobs, Bezels, Other Panelware (151)
- Interconnection (3,028)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Packaging (3,182)
- Industry News (1,935)
- Optoelectronics (1,711)
- Power Supplies (2,461)
- Subassemblies (4,829)
- Test and Measurement (5,164)