Incremental encoders control without wobble
Typical applications for the EC11J series are in volume adjustment or menu selection for car audio and car navigation systems.
New from Alps Electric, the EC11J series of 11mm incremental-type encoders are available in a wide selection with or without centre-push switches.
They promise a long operating life with up to a million switching cycles and a million rotational cycles.
The encoders have a metal shaft 6mm in diameter and an operating length of around 13mm.
They feature a resolution of either 18 detents and 9 pulses or 30 detents and 15 pulses per rotation, depending on the model.
The necessary detent torque amounts to 10mNm.
Further technical specifications include a bushing length of 5, 7 or 10mm, and a push-pull strength of 100N.
The output signals of pins A and B are proportionate to the phase difference.
The centre-push switch is designed as single-pole single-throw push-on switch and is rated for switching currents of up to 1mA at 5V DC.
It requires an operating force of 5+/-2N.
The actuating travel of the switch amounts to 0.5+/-0.3 or 1.5+/-0.3mm.
The maximum initial contact resistance is specified for 100mohm.
The shaft wobble is less than 0.2mm (bushing length 10mm type), which is 30% less than previous models.
The EC11J series provides a body height of 4.5mm.
With a compact floor space of 11.7 x 14.2mm, the incremental encoders can be mounted even on high-density printed circuit boards without any problem.
The new encoders are rated for voltages of 5V DC and have a maximum operating current of 10mA with resistive load.
Their operating temperature ranges from - 40 to +85C.
Typical applications of the EC11J series are volume adjustment or menu selection for car audio and car navigation systems.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Display modules has selectable message speed
- AV4PRO-DVI switches feature true emulation
- Avalue launches chassis for housing components
- LCD modules enable migration to colour displays
- WVGA TFT displays up to 16.2 million colours
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Articles by product category
- Active Components (11,579)
- Active Components (4)
- Analogue and Mixed Signal ICs (1,726)
- Communications ICs (Wired) (1,803)
- Discrete Power Devices (418)
- Programmable Logic Devices (597)
- Microprocessors, Microcontrollers and DSPs (2,157)
- Memory Devices and Modules (760)
- Power Supply ICs and Controllers (2,391)
- Communications ICs (Wireless) (1,578)
- Standard Logic Devices (145)
- Passive Components (3,138)
- Design and Development (9,476)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3,362)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (2)
- Handheld and Other Small Enclosures (137)
- Instrument Cases, Benchtop, Wall-Mounting Enclosures (338)
- Floor-Standing Racks, Cabinets, Enclosures (246)
- Fans and Blowers (223)
- Gaskets, Seals and Screens (123)
- Heatsinks and Thermal Management (198)
- LCD Modules (484)
- Monitors (132)
- Other OEM Display Modules, Meters (239)
- Switches and Keyboards (576)
- Rotary Controls, Joysticks etc (136)
- Indicators and Audio (79)
- Touchscreens and Touch Sensors (291)
- Printers, Knobs, Bezels, Other Panelware (151)
- Interconnection (3,028)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Packaging (3,182)
- Industry News (1,935)
- Optoelectronics (1,711)
- Power Supplies (2,461)
- Subassemblies (4,829)
- Test and Measurement (5,164)