Wi-Fi capability for consumer electronics and more
Asix Electronics is now delivering the AX220xx, a single-chip microcontroller with TCP/IP and 802.11 WLAN MAC/baseband, designed to leverage Wi-Fi infrastructure in home and office environments.
As the latest addition to Asix's Embedded Network SoC product portfolio, the AX220xx provides cost-competitive a wireless connectivity system for bridging uncompressed digital audio data, compressed digital video data and serial/parallel user data over the Wi-Fi network.
It enables internet connection capability for many applications, including consumer electronics, networked home appliances, Wi-Fi speaker, industrial equipments, security systems, remote data collection equipments, remote control, remote monitoring, and remote management.
The System-on-Chip (SoC) device offers dual-CPU architecture with on-chip 1MB shared Flash as program memory, on-chip 64KB data memory for main CPU (MCPU), on-chip 32KB data memory for Wi-Fi CPU (WCPU), TCP/IP accelerator, 802.11a/b/g compatible WLAN MAC/Baseband, fast ethernet MAC and rich communication peripherals for a wide variety of applications requiring access to the wired/wireless LAN or internet.
Its dual-CPU architecture utilises the MCPU for applications and TCP/IP processing, and the WCPU for WLAN protocol processing and ethernet to WLAN packet format translation.
In addition to standalone application, AX220xx with TCP/IP protocol suite running on-chip and various parallel and serial host interfaces supported, such as local bus interface, high-speed UART or high-speed SPI, can be used as a network co-processor to offload TCP/IP and WLAN protocol processing loading from system CPU in an embedded system.
Asix provides comprehensive technical support information for using the AX220xx in a Development/Reference Design Kit.
The kit includes the hardware and software application notes, user guides, schematics, PCB layout guide and the firmware C source code for the AX220xx range free of charge.
Several versions of platform are available for customers' development purposes.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Tool safeguards low-voltage portable electronics
- 100V MOSFETs launched for space applications
- Op amp allows data acquisition and process control
- PLT10HH series suppresses electric vehicle noise
- Step-down converters suit automotive applications
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
Active components (13556)
- Analogue and mixed-signal ICs (2131)
- Communications ICs (wired) (2080)
- Discrete power devices (456)
- Programmable logic devices (630)
- Microprocessors, microcontrollers and DSPs (2599)
- Memory devices and modules (816)
- Power-supply ICs and controllers (2878)
- Communications ICs (wireless) (1789)
- Standard logic devices (173)
- Passive components (3584)
- Design and development (10248)
- Enclosures and panel products (3983)
- Interconnection (3643)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3484)
- Industry news (2106)
- Optoelectronics (1959)
- Power supplies (3009)
- Subassemblies (5623)
- Test and measurement (5784)