Zywan wireless router platform launched
Eurotech has launched the Zywan - an industrial GSM/GPRS/3G wireless router platform.
Providing a combination of rugged hardware, embedded Linux operating system, OSGI framework and pre-packaged routing software, the Zywan offers a secure connection across GSM/GPRS/3G, CDMA mobile data networks, and provides real-time access to any Ethernet, 802.11b/g or serial device for mobile and fixed data applications.
Targeted for telemetry, internet access and mobile computing applications, the Zywan operates as a fully configurable, embedded Linux router enabling firewalling, DHCP, DNS and NAT.
For geo-centric applications, options exist to include a GPS receiver providing both a tracking program and NMEA data strings for mapping applications.
To easily manage the Zywan, a Web GUI interface presents a simple tool to quickly change settings locally or over-the-air.
Routing is possible from the cellular connection to two Ethernet ports plus to optional Wi-Fi, while three serial ports are available for terminal client and server applications.
Users can also make use of dual USB ports and also optional VGA and touch-screen devices from within their own applications.
The Zywan enables users to add their own applications on top of the core Linux and Java infrastructure on the platform, providing a quick route to market for net and geo-centric products.
The Zywan is configured with Eurotech Embedded Linux, J2ME and OSGI (Eclipse).
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Avalue COM delivers good 3D rendering performance
- Hectronic COM modules have extended temperatures
- BVM launches fanless PC for embedded applications
- Acrosser offers half-size embedded computer board
- E-con COM features 2D graphics controller
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active components (11783)
- Passive components (3325)
- Design and development (9762)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3596)
- Interconnection (3316)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Packaging (3291)
- Industry News (2006)
- Optoelectronics (1822)
- Power Supplies (2684)
- Subassemblies (5189)
- Test and Measurement (5399)