ARM announces SOI physical IP library
ARM has announced a Silicon-on-Insulator (SOI) physical IP library including standard cell, memory and I/O libraries for IBM's fully enabled 45nm SOI foundry.
As lower power levels and increased system-on-chip (SoC) performance become more difficult to achieve with a traditional bulk CMOS process, SOI technology enables up to 30 per cent better performance and 40 per cent power savings at existing process nodes.
The ARM SOI library of physical IP is aimed at easing implementation of SOI technology and bringing the benefits of this emerging process to a wider range of semiconductor companies.
The ARM SOI physical IP library is supported by standard synthesis and place and route implementation flows, which enable customers to quickly implement products without changing design methodologies or training of employees.
EDA views for Synopsys, Cadence and Magma tools are supported.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Imagination adds to VXE video encoder range
- Zuken enhances PCB design software
- NIAP certifies Integrity-178B operating system
- Integrity Global Security to market secure systems
- Green Hills linked with 3S-Smart Software
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
- Active Components (11,917)
- Passive Components (2,949)
- Design and Development (9,394)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3,246)
- Interconnection (2,841)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Production, Packaging (3,055)
- Industry News (1,898)
- Optoelectronics (1,616)
- Power Supplies (2,297)
- Subassemblies (4,551)
- Test and Measurement (4,956)