AD8235 reduces medical devices' power consumption
Analog Devices has introduced the AD8235, a low-power instrumentation amplifier (in-amp) smaller than the tip of a pencil.
The AD8235 in-amp is suitable for power-efficient and portable, lightweight medical-devices and consumer-health products, including home-use ECG (electrocardiogram) monitors, infusion pumps and activity-monitoring medical devices.
With 50 per cent less power consumption than competitive offerings, the in-amp can enable designs to provide longer battery life.
This performance is suitable for compact, wearable home-based medical devices that improve patient comfort while providing doctors with continuous and reliable patient monitoring.
The AD8235 measures 1.6 x 2.0mm.
It operates on 1.8 and 5.5V (max) power supplies and draws only 40 microamps (max).
The AD8235 is suitable for other low-power applications, including consumer-fitness products and industrial pressure and low-side current-sensing measurement equipment.
These applications also benefit from the in-amp's six-nanoamp shutdown current and 40 picoamp bias current.
The AD8235's wide power-supply range eliminates the need for extra supplies.
The in-amp's wide common-mode input-voltage range (4 and 1.4V on 5 and 1.8V supplies respectively) is important for the low-voltage operation required by many battery-powered portable applications.
A high common-mode rejection ratio (CMRR) of 86 dB (gain=5) effectively eliminates common-mode interference.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Orchid provides PLC customisation service
- Orchid converts Bayer pixel data with Cyclone FPGA
- The buzz about ZigBee Pro
- The future of the MCU market
- Design for low power using a power budget approach
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
Active components (13556)
- Analogue and mixed-signal ICs (2131)
- Communications ICs (wired) (2080)
- Discrete power devices (456)
- Programmable logic devices (630)
- Microprocessors, microcontrollers and DSPs (2599)
- Memory devices and modules (816)
- Power-supply ICs and controllers (2878)
- Communications ICs (wireless) (1789)
- Standard logic devices (173)
- Passive components (3584)
- Design and development (10248)
- Enclosures and panel products (3983)
- Interconnection (3643)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3484)
- Industry news (2106)
- Optoelectronics (1959)
- Power supplies (3009)
- Subassemblies (5623)
- Test and measurement (5784)