High-linearity power amp for mobile WiMAX products
The ADL5570 is a high-linearity power amplifier designed for use in mobile WiMAX terminals.
The ADL5570 is a high-linearity power amplifier (PA) designed for mobile WiMAX terminals.
The ADL5570 is optimised for operation in the 2.3 to 2.4GHz band and provides good performance across frequency bands from 2.5 to 2.7GHz.
The device provides high levels of linearity, output power and efficiency to ensure seamless connectivity and reduce battery drain in portable devices.
Battery life is a key consideration in the design of portable applications such as laptop computers, cellular handsets and PDAs.
Compared with WiMAX PAs from other vendors, the ADL5570 consumes half the current and offers a PAE (power-added efficiency) of more than 20%.
This lower power consumption limits the need for heat sinks, increases system reliability and reduces size and cost.
The exceptional output power of the ADL5570 is complemented by high linearity, which enables the higher data rates and increased signal propagation required for reliable WiMAX broadband connections.
The output 1dB compression point (P1dB) of 31dBm allows the ADL5570 to operate in the linear region at output power levels of up to 26dBm - at 3.5V supply and 2.35GHz - while maintaining an EVM (error vector magnitude) of less than 3% to minimise system-level signal noise.
The combination of high output power, efficiency and signal fidelity provide users of WiMAX communications devices longer operation and fewer breaks in transmission, maximising their mobile broadband experience.
Additionally, the ADL5570 features a gain of 29dB, which allows the device to be used with a wide variety of transceivers.
Operating with a single 3.2 to 5.5V supply, the ADL5570 consumes 250mA.
A low-power mode is also available for operation at levels less than 10dBm, with optimised operating and quiescent currents of 100mA and 70mA, respectively.
A standby mode is also available, which reduces the quiescent current to 10mA and is useful when a time-division duplex terminal is receiving data.
The ADL5570 is sampling now, with volume production scheduled for May 2007.
Priced at US $3.00 per unit in 10,000-piece quantities, it is available in a 16-pin 4 x 4mm LFCSP (lead-frame chip-scale package).
The device is specified over the extended industrial temperature range ( - 40 to +85C).
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Innovative Silicon enhances Z-Ram technology
- DC/DC controller is ideal for portable instruments
- Buck regulator features controlled architecture
- Power line transceiver saves on data wires
- LTC6801 device monitors up to 12 battery cells
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
Active components (11758)
- Analogue and mixed-signal ICs (1761)
- Communications ICs (wired) (1808)
- Discrete power devices (439)
- Programmable logic devices (608)
- Microprocessors, microcontrollers and DSPs (2093)
- Memory devices and modules (779)
- Power-supply ICs and controllers (2511)
- Communications ICs (wireless) (1613)
- Standard logic devices (142)
- Passive components (3308)
- Design and development (9756)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3579)
- Interconnection (3298)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Packaging (3285)
- Industry News (2004)
- Optoelectronics (1817)
- Power Supplies (2673)
- Subassemblies (5176)
- Test and Measurement (5388)