Xport enables connectivity in cash-counting system
Alpha Micro has supplied the Lantronix Xport, enabling Tellermate's T-iX weight-based-cash counting system to provide visibility of cash levels and discrepancies by providing timely cash data.
Tellermate, a provider of money-counting machines and cash-management systems, selected the Xport, which is said to be particularly beneficial for multi-branch operations, for the T-iX system's serial to Ethernet backbone to ensure that it provides a fast, secure and reliable network.
The T-iX offers a large feature set, including advanced connectivity to customers' cash-office systems, and an enhanced user interface to resist impacts and liquid ingress.
The Xport, from Alpha Micro - a distributor of electronic components, was chosen due to its compact size and ability to web enable virtually any device with serial capability.
By incorporating Xport within the product's design, Tellermate was able to offer serial to Ethernet networking capability as a standard feature, allowing its customers to access and control the cash-counting machines over the internet.
To facilitate the cash-management process, the TY+ and T-iX ranges offer Ethernet access, reducing manual reporting, and eliminates errors in data entry.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Wireless transceivers selected for RF remote
- Radio link is part of automated weather station
- Fidessa selects AMP Netconnect cabling
- China Mobile selects TD-LTE/SAE network
- VTOL UAV to operate in crowded areas
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active components (13772)
- Passive components (3677)
- Design and development (10316)
- Enclosures and panel products (4075)
- Interconnection (3750)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3517)
- Industry news (2121)
- Optoelectronics (2000)
- Power supplies (3088)
- Subassemblies (5720)
- Test and measurement (5886)