Avago announces highly integrated GPS LNA
Avago Technologies has introduced a highly integrated miniature GPS low noise amplifier (LNA).
Avago's ALM-1812 integrates an LNA and pre and post high-rejection filters in a compact package to provide a high-performance GPS RF front-end module that can help simplify the design of a wide range of GPS handset applications.
The ALM-1812 is designed for the 1.575GHz frequency band and is housed in a 4.5mm by 2.2mm by 1mm MCOB package, reducing printed circuit board (PCB) space by more than 50 per cent when compared to discreet-only solutions.
The integration of FBAR filtering enables the ALM-1812 to reach more than 90dBc of Cell/PCS-band rejection.
This GPS LNA effectively leverages Avago's 0.25um GaAs enhancement-mode pHEMT process to deliver a 1.66dB noise figure, 18.5dB gain and +2dBm input third-order intercept point (IIP3) at typical operating conditions of 2.7V and 6mA.
Simultaneous GPS (S-GPS), and other location-based GPS services, require a high level of receiver sensitivity.
Avago's ALM-1812 delivers a very low noise figure and high linearity that is designed to help improve the sensitivity of GPS applications.
The integrated FBAR filter is said to offer exceptional rejection at Cell/PCS-band frequencies and Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, which helps improve the performance of GPS receivers for S-GPS operation in handsets.
The ALM-1812 has a built-in shunt inductor at the RF input pin to enhance ESD production.
By integrating a GPS LNA with pre and post high-rejection film bulk acoustic resonator (FBAR) filters, the ALM-1812 simplifies and shortens the RF design process, reduces component count and provides excellent RF performance levels that are critical in the use of GPS applications, said Avago.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- ATER releases broadband power amplifier
- Controller offers buck-boost regulation
- LDOs drive low-ESR 1uF MLCC capacitors
- Maxim step-down controller powers NVIDIA GPUs
- Silicon expands precision clock broadcast range
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active Components (11,696)
- Active Components (4)
- Analogue and Mixed Signal ICs (1,753)
- Communications ICs (Wired) (1,811)
- Communications ICs (Wireless) (1,599)
- Discrete Power Devices (426)
- Memory Devices and Modules (765)
- Microprocessors, Microcontrollers and DSPs (2,168)
- Power Supply ICs and Controllers (2,422)
- Programmable Logic Devices (603)
- Standard Logic Devices (145)
- Design and Development (9,572)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Packaging (3,222)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3,436)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (2)
- Fans and Blowers (227)
- Floor-Standing Racks, Cabinets, Enclosures (252)
- Gaskets, Seals and Screens (125)
- Handheld and Other Small Enclosures (139)
- Heatsinks and Thermal Management (201)
- Indicators and Audio (80)
- Instrument Cases, Benchtop, Wall-Mounting Enclosures (344)
- LCD Modules (489)
- Monitors (134)
- Other OEM Display Modules, Meters (240)
- Printers, Knobs, Bezels, Other Panelware (155)
- Rotary Controls, Joysticks etc (138)
- Switches and Keyboards (595)
- Touchscreens and Touch Sensors (308)
- Industry News (1,966)
- Interconnection (3,109)
- Optoelectronics (1,740)
- Passive Components (3,184)
- Power Supplies (2,527)
- Subassemblies (4,941)
- Test and Measurement (5,242)