Nine-band antenna targets LTE mobile devices
Antenova has announced its nine-band SMD antenna targeting global Long Term Evolution (LTE) mobile-device applications.
Antenova's Agilis A10346 is a small, switchable Magnetic Dipole Antenna (MDA) providing global dual-mode GSM/LTE capability plus Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Wimax in a single structure.
Dr Devis Iellici, RandD Director of Antenova, said: 'Agilis A10346 is a small 40 x 10 x 3mm3 switchable magnetic-dipole antenna offering design flexibility for global mobile-device manufacturers.
'It is a single-capacitive-feed antenna and is implemented with a three-pin diode switch that enables operation in three sets of frequency bands: 700-750MHz (LTE Low), DCS, PCS, UMTS, Wi-Fi, Wimax and LTE at 2.7 GHz; 750-800MHz (LTE High), DCS, PCS, UMTS, Wi-Fi, Wimax and LTE at 2.7GHz; and GSM850, GSM900, DCS, PCS, UMTS, Wi-Fi, Wimax and LTE at 2.7GHz.
He added: 'A dual-feed version is currently under development and will be available soon.
Agilis is suitable for a range of embedded cellular and mobile-broadband applications, such as mobile handsets, PNDs, PMPs, laptops, netbooks and femto base stations.
Agilis A10346 is intended for surface mounting, requires minimal ground plane and is supplied in tape on reel.
It is provided with switch specifications and design guidelines for easy implementation.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- RS unveils environmentally friendly hook-up wire
- Pogo interconnect for harsh environments
- Left/right-hand plugs for Tyco terminal blocks
- Micro SD card reader features vertical assembly
- Lane offers environmentally friendly coaxial cable
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active Components (11687)
- Passive Components (3287)
- Design and Development (9716)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3535)
- Interconnection (3258)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Packaging (3268)
- Industry News (1989)
- Optoelectronics (1800)
- Power Supplies (2638)
- Subassemblies (5133)
- Test and Measurement (5351)